Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone. First off i love this site. So many amazing topics and amazing helpers. Wow really thank you to those helpers for helping us become less frustrated and solving our problems.

Im going to be building my first hackintosh.

I will be following a youtube guide his post is viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1682

Almost same hardware.
Gigabyte P55A-UD4P ATX LGA1156 P55 DDR3 2PCI-E RAID GBLAN CrossFireX SLI USB3.0 SATA3 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield LGA1156 2.8GHZ Hyperthreading 8MB Cache Retail Box ( i wanted to go for the i7 920 but this motherboard isnt compatible)

(2x) OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV4GK 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL 8-8-8-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA775 LGA1366 LGA1156 AM2 AM3

EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GT 600MHZ 1GB 1.8GHZ 256BIT DDR3 Single Slot Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card (Maybe i need a powerful gpu. I play alot and video edit).

Dont know yet on which hard drive brand to get to make sure its compatible.
What do you guys think. Im a gamer, I will be dual booting. I dont think my 9800 gt is enough gpu for me as i game alot. What are your suggestions on a compatiable hackintosh gpu.

Also any tips. Am i suppose to update the bios to F9 before i start installing?

Thanks fellow Hackintoshers

If I were building from scratch today, I might wait to see whether this newly released i7-875K is compatible. It should be and cost about the same (unless you get the $199 MicroCenter deal on the 860)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2580

Oh yeah for sure im a check out that new processor but do you think thats compatible. Also any more inputs on my build and gpu this would really help.

Anyone i would really appreciate it as im buying this hardware as soon as this post is answered.

deadlyrampage said:
Hey everyone. First off i love this site. So many amazing topics and amazing helpers. Wow really thank you to those helpers for helping us become less frustrated and solving our problems.

Im going to be building my first hackintosh.

I will be following a youtube guide his post is viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1682

Almost same hardware.
Gigabyte P55A-UD4P ATX LGA1156 P55 DDR3 2PCI-E RAID GBLAN CrossFireX SLI USB3.0 SATA3 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield LGA1156 2.8GHZ Hyperthreading 8MB Cache Retail Box ( i wanted to go for the i7 920 but this motherboard isnt compatible)

(2x) OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV4GK 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL 8-8-8-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA775 LGA1366 LGA1156 AM2 AM3

EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GT 600MHZ 1GB 1.8GHZ 256BIT DDR3 Single Slot Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card (Maybe i need a powerful gpu. I play alot and video edit).

Dont know yet on which hard drive brand to get to make sure its compatible.
What do you guys think. Im a gamer, I will be dual booting. I dont think my 9800 gt is enough gpu for me as i game alot. What are your suggestions on a compatiable hackintosh gpu.

Also any tips. Am i suppose to update the bios to F9 before i start installing?

Thanks fellow Hackintoshers

Do you really need/want an ATX board ?
The P55A-UD4P is good, but (If you can still find it) a P55M-UD4 might be enough, and probably cheaper. I wholeheartedly recommend it !

As for RAM, the G.Skill Eco 1600@CL7 should be cheaper than the OCZ you chose and it's great RAM.
I've read not so great reviews on the H50... See: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1042-page1.html
If you are looking to spend that amount, you can get a Noctua... Or save about half and get a Mugen-2

Not sure the 9800 will be enough for your gaming needs.

As for HDD, get the Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Not EcoGreen!)... Either 500GB or 1TB.
These use 500GB platters @ 7200RPM (unlike the F2 & F1 which use 333GB).
F2 & F3EG are 5400RPM.
The noise/performance of these surpass that of WD...

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

deadlyrampage said:
Lnx2Mac said:
Do you really need/want an ATX board ?
The P55A-UD4P is good, but (If you can still find it) a P55M-UD4 might be enough, and probably cheaper. I wholeheartedly recommend it !

As for RAM, the G.Skill Eco 1600@CL7 should be cheaper than the OCZ you chose and it's great RAM.
I've read not so great reviews on the H50... See: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1042-page1.html
If you are looking to spend that amount, you can get a Noctua... Or save about half and get a Mugen-2

Not sure the 9800 will be enough for your gaming needs.

As for HDD, get the Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Not EcoGreen!)... Either 500GB or 1TB.
These use 500GB platters @ 7200RPM (unlike the F2 & F1 which use 333GB).
F2 & F3EG are 5400RPM.
The noise/performance of these surpass that of WD...

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Thanks so much for the reply. I love the help.

Im going to stick with the ATX board because i already bought the cm storm sniper case (Which i love).

I see that the gskills ram is cheaper. But should i go with a dual channel or triple?

What graphic card do you think????

Ill for sure get 2 of the 1tb hard drives.

Any tips for my installation. What bios i think F8??

deadlyrampage said:
I see that the gskills ram is cheaper. But should i go with a dual channel or triple?
As your board is LGA1156 based, you want dual...

deadlyrampage said:
What graphic card do you think????
Not a gamer myself... Check the forum... However, if you want a smooth install, stick to nVidia...

deadlyrampage said:
Any tips for my installation. What bios i think F8??
Check out the DSDT database... http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... oards.html

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

That i7 875 looks pretty good but its cost 400 on ncix. I see it on tigerdirect for 299 after rebate we will see. I dont want to spend to much on this build because i want to build another one in december, hopefully by then there will be support for more mb and gpu. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back