Register

[Solved] HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, Long time lurker and first time poster......

I've built many machines in my life, but this one is truly baffling me. I have replaced EVERY component in this build, and I get the same result every time. The system powers up, fans spin up, after 10 seconds, it turns off, waits a moment and repeats. Never do I get a POST.

The build is a follows:

Intel I7-6700K
Gigabyte GAZ170MX
Crucial Ballistic Sport LT (16GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s
Corsair Hydro H60 cooler
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB SSD
Corsair CS650M PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX950 video card (which I'm not even trying to use right now because of my troubleshooting challenges)

I'm truly at a lost. I've built and rebuilt this thing three times. Once with all new components, as I took everything back other than the case. I had a second set of eyes look at it and troubleshoot it, and he came up with the same thing. I thought maybe the MB or the RAM was dead so I replaced both, no POST. That didn't work so I thought maybe the CPU was dead so I replaced that. No change, no POST. I tried a different power supply, no POST. I cannot think of anything else to try. Does anyone else have any advice?

Thanks,
Michael

If it won't POST, I cannot get to the config parameters. This is a brand new build. Nothing is on the SSD. I cannot even get into the BIOS.

Michael

Do you mean that you are waiting for the POST to complete?

The Gigabyte manual says:
"To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the POST when the power is turned on."

The tonymac installation for both El Capitan and Sierra installations says:
"1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up."

Hi all, I'm a noob in the hackintosh world!

Just tried to build my first one and it will work for a few minutes than freeze, crash, and give kernel panic messages like this one:

library/caches/com.apple.xbs/sources/xnu/xnu-3248.60.10/osfmk/i386/trap_native.c:168

This is what is known as "Hijacking A Thread" - please keep the posts relevant to the original poster's request. Also... You posted the same thing already on your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back