Register

Help with EFI

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Intel i5 3330
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5450
Hi there! Someone can please help me to make an EFI image for my desktop?

My current setting is

AMD Ryzen 5600
Radeon 6700 XT
MSI a520m-a pro am4

Thanks!

My current setting is

AMD Ryzen 5600
Radeon 6700 XT
MSI a520m-a pro am4

Thanks!
In addition, the 6700 XT is not supported on MacOS.

Edit : Well, not natively, anyway. It might work with NootRX but is not guaranteed to.

Last edited:
The RX 6700 XT GPU is supported if you use NootRX.kext in place of WhateverGreen.kext This kext will work in macOS Monterey and newer releases.

You need to have a look at the EFI created by @craighazan for his AMD A520 build and use it as a base for your MSI boards EFI.

Check you have a compatible SSD or M.2 drive for use as your macOS boot drive, assuming you plan to use separate drives for Windows and macOS.

My current setting is

AMD Ryzen 5600
Radeon 6700 XT
MSI a520m-a pro am4

Thanks!
That's a nice build, I'd be happy with those components in my setup. Using the the NootRX.kext instead of NootedRed.kext found in my 520 EFI should work for you. The 6700XT is supported from macOS Big Sur to Sonoma and works perfectly on my B550 motherboard.

I've attached my latest EFI from my Gigabyte A520i-AC below for you to try, I've made some changes to match your system, they are as follows:

1. ACPI. Replaced SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX with the default SSDT-EC-USBX. EC and USBX were generated on my Gigabyte board with SSDTTime, the default from Dortania has broader compatibility.
  2. Kexts. Added the NootRX kext to kexts folder for the 6700XT.
  3. EFI. Config-Plist. Kernal > Add. I have disabled Airportitlwm, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher and BlueToolFixup, labelled blue in the image below. Not sure if you have Intel Wi-Fi/BT, they can be enabled if you have.
  4. EFI. Config-Plist. Kernel > Patch. Changed the first 4 algrey | Force cpuid_cores_per_package Replace values to B806, BA06... respectively, the 06 is the core count for the 5600, six.
  5. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > revcpuname. Changed the name to Ryzen 5 5600, cosmetic change for 'About This Mac' window.
  6. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > boot-args. Removed debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1. I kept the npci=0x3000 boot arg in there, so 'Above 4G Decoding' can be disabled in BIOS.
  7. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > PlatformInfo > ProcessorType. Changed to 1537 to match your 6 core processor.
  8. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > PlatformInfo > SystemProductName. Changed SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 as a GPU is expected. You'll have to fill in the rest of the info, serial etc.
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 12.55.41 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
In addition, the 6700 XT is not supported on MacOS.

Edit : Well, not natively, anyway. It might work with NootRX but is not guaranteed to.
Some might disagree.

Edit: Embrace the Noot!

Last edited:
I've attached my latest EFI from my Gigabyte A520i-AC below for you to try, I've made some changes to match your system, they are as follows:

1. ACPI. Replaced SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX with the default SSDT-EC-USBX. EC and USBX were generated on my Gigabyte board with SSDTTime, the default from Dortania has broader compatibility.
  2. Kexts. Added the NootRX kext to kexts folder for the 6700XT.
  3. EFI. Config-Plist. Kernal > Add. I have disabled Airportitlwm, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher and BlueToolFixup, labelled blue in the image below. Not sure if you have Intel Wi-Fi/BT, they can be enabled if you have.
  4. EFI. Config-Plist. Kernel > Patch. Changed the first 4 algrey | Force cpuid_cores_per_package Replace values to B806, BA06... respectively, the 06 is the core count for the 5600, six.
  5. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > revcpuname. Changed the name to Ryzen 5 5600, cosmetic change for 'About This Mac' window.
  6. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > boot-args. Removed debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1. I kept the npci=0x3000 boot arg in there, so 'Above 4G Decoding' can be disabled in BIOS.
  7. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > PlatformInfo > ProcessorType. Changed to 1537 to match your 6 core processor.
  8. EFI. Config-Plist. NVRAM > PlatformInfo > SystemProductName. Changed SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 as a GPU is expected. You'll have to fill in the rest of the info, serial etc.
View attachment 581362
If possible would you mind sharing your b550, 6700xt efi? I have the exact same setup.

If possible would you mind sharing your b550, 6700xt efi? I have the exact same setup.
So the EFI I attached in the previous post will work with your set up, I changed the patches and added the NootRX.kext. Your ready to go.

Back