Graphics
???
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello my name is sean i know this is a thing ppl keep asking but i haven't found anything really thats point out the info. i have a G5 waiting for my motherboard and processor to come in and yes my HDD also. i understand how to mod it and cut it out for the most part. but i definitely need help with the front panel setup.

hello my name is sean i know this is a thing ppl keep asking but i haven't found anything really thats point out the info. i have a G5 waiting for my motherboard and processor to come in and yes my HDD also. i understand how to mod it and cut it out for the most part. but i definitely need help with the front panel setup.

Hi Sean, and welcome.

I think that probably you should take a look around the forum (here and others) and also google your issue.

There are probably thousands of people who have now modded G5s and have tackled this issue, so the information is not hard to find.

As a starter though for you, you will find (if you google G5 front panel cable) many things you would be interested in. Including wiring diagrams to help you make your own (e.g. http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/77208-g5-front-panel-quick-guide.html ) , private sellers that will sell you a pre-made cable, commercial sites that will do the same, and even some places where you can - should you want - rip out the original front panel and replace it with a new shiny one with USB 3.0 and various other bits and pieces.

On the other hand, if the problem you have (you don't say) is that you have converted yours already and something doesn't work then there are lots of people on this forum that can help you troubleshoot.

Good luck with your build.

TY im going to look at it when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back