Contribute
Register

Help on sleep!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concepts regarding EC fields are covered in the battery patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

It has implications wider than just battery status...

now i am sure that it is an appleacpiplatform.kext problem, after hours of writing code arrived to the same of nxho95 or a little change , in your repo, all EC fields are in 8bit, nothing new, now idk what to do, please can u give me instructions of patching appleacpiplatform??

now i am sure that it is an appleacpiplatform.kext problem, after hours of writing code arrived to the same of nxho95 or a little change , in your repo, all EC fields are in 8bit, nothing new, now idk what to do, please can u give me instructions of patching appleacpiplatform??

No known patches to AppleACPIPlaform.kext.

No known patches to AppleACPIPlaform.kext.

ok can u tell me how to edit the binary file inside "Mac OS" folder inside kext contents??

ok can u tell me how to edit the binary file inside "Mac OS" folder inside kext contents??

What are you trying to accomplish by editing it?

What are you trying to accomplish by editing it?

i am trying to fix the sleep issue that i have mentioned as i tested in post #7, so the problem is on that file so i will try to compare and get the difference and experiment that until i get a result, is there a way for editing it??

i am trying to fix the sleep issue that i have mentioned as i tested in post #7, so the problem is on that file so i will try to compare and get the difference and experiment that until i get a result, is there a way for editing it??

It is a binary. Contains X86 machine code. From the nature of your questions, I suspect you do not have skills to patch it.

It is a binary. Contains X86 machine code. From the nature of your questions, I suspect you do not have skills to patch it.

suppose that i have, i am a beginner programmer but i have some experience on C, C++, Java, Objective-C(the lowest skills)

suppose that i have, i am a beginner programmer but i have some experience on C, C++, Java, Objective-C(the lowest skills)

You would need to be an expert in X86 assembly language. And then have some idea about what you think needs changing.

You would need to be an expert in X86 assembly language. And then have some idea about what you think needs changing.

please give me a name of a x86 assembly compiler for starting i have discovered the problem inside the AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Mac OS/AppleACPIPlatform so i'll compare both and make experiments in an attempet of fixing the problem, inshallah

please give me a name of a x86 assembly compiler for starting i have discovered the problem inside the AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Mac OS/AppleACPIPlatform so i'll compare both and make experiments in an attempet of fixing the problem, inshallah

That's not how it works. First step is disassembly:
Code:
otool -tVj /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPlatform >AppleACPIPlatform.s

My copy is 68,835 lines of disassembled X86.

Next, you determine the problem in the code (have fun with that).

Then, you determine how you're going to fix it (which opcodes you're going to replace).

Finally, you write a patch (find/replace that changes the opcodes you want to change to the new ones). That patch can be implemented in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

I think you'll discover you're in over your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back