Contribute
Register

Help! No display on newly assembled Hack (build in my signature)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7-4770K 3.5Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Machine fires up, graphics card fans spinning, nothing on monitor. Installed 8-pin and 6-pin connectors from power supply to graphics card. Is this a catch-22 where I have to have updated drivers for the card to work?

Obviously, I can't do an install when I don't see anything on screen... :I

OK fixed that problem - was missing the 12V power cable for the CPU. Now I have a new issue. Everything seemed to be going fine, then I backed out when it started asking me for web addresses and whatnot since I didn't have the info handy and was hoping to deal with it later. Every subsequent attempt to boot with my "Mavericks" install results in this "Panic" error. Yikes!

Ok...since I interrupted the install, turns out I just had to reboot from the UniBeast thumbdrive again and redo it. Success! I'm now posting using my new Hack! Thanks, guys! :thumbup:

A few loose ends...

No spin on some case fans; have to re-check the plug ins. Are some only activated "as needed" by the motherboard based on temps??

No sound yet - can't figure out which drivers to install, nothing specific in my motherboard's info to let me know which version is appropriate - any help on this?

Mouse pointer always seems to freeze after hard dive goes to sleep, requiring "reset" of reboot to bring it back. Any possible fixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back