Contribute
Register

Help needed! stuck at boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only attached one extra usb for internet access but i removed it later. The othes are the installation usb and external hd.

There seems to be a lot of corruption going on. There was the USB device that was corrupt. Then you have your NTFS drives being corrupt. And the prelinked kernel and PS/2 kexts.

Makes me wonder about RAM. Maybe you should start up Windows and run MemTest: http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Also verify that the RAM DIMMs are properly seated on the motherboard.

I've checked nearly 1gb RAM and it shoes no errors.

Well, I don't know why it is hanging. Something isn't loading and I suspect that the corruption is doing that. My suggestions are:

a. Continue to use the USB drive to boot your OSX drive
or
b. Reinstall the OSX installation.

I've gone through the last 5 pages of posts and summarized what you would have to do to reinstall:

1. Boot the USB and install OSX
2. Use the USB drive to boot the OSX installation -s -x and remove video kexts (see post #5)
3. Use the USB drive to boot the OSX installation and install with Multibeast:
- Easybeast​
- Audio -> Realtek -> Without DSDT -> ALC892​
- Network -> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet​
- Customization -> Boot Options -> 1080p Display​
4. Boot to the OSX drive

I'll reinstall.... one more thing i have a linux distro and a seperate partition on external hd along with the partition for ML. How do i install it not using boot camp and still have the ability to boot into both. Which bootloader should i use? Any goog tutorial you can recommend?
Thanks for all your help man you are AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back