Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, so just to show that I've done my homework I tried following a couple of guides to get a dual-boot up and running and have failed miserably. The first time I managed to put my (otherwise well running Hack job) G5 mod into a state of suspended animation power-cycling on and off, I don't even know how I managed that but luckily a full disassembly and reassemble fixed it.

Now, I am stuck on the step of trying to get Windows 7 installer to boot to install on one of my older HDDs. Can anyone point me toward the best guide for Win7 specifically? As mentioned, this is a separate install as I already have OSX 10.8.4 up and running great on my main SSD.

Help me tonymac86obi, you're my only hope!

Hey all, so just to show that I've done my homework I tried following a couple of guides to get a dual-boot up and running and have failed miserably. The first time I managed to put my (otherwise well running Hack job) G5 mod into a state of suspended animation power-cycling on and off, I don't even know how I managed that but luckily a full disassembly and reassemble fixed it.

Now, I am stuck on the step of trying to get Windows 7 installer to boot to install on one of my older HDDs. Can anyone point me toward the best guide for Win7 specifically? As mentioned, this is a separate install as I already have OSX 10.8.4 up and running great on my main SSD.

Help me tonymac86obi, you're my only hope!

There is this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Win7 is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back