Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
can someone please help me. I am trying to install kext for ALC888s but don't know how.

I have OSX86Tools but don't know how to use it. I've tried Kext Helper b7 but I could not bypass the password entry. I DON'T have any password on my system but if I don't enter anything in the password box, the "Easy Install" doesn't highlight.....please help!

thanx.

Katie

#1. Set up a password, and ensure your username has admin rights:
In order of ease to do:
- Open System Preferences, Users..try to give yourself a password, whist you are in this app, ensure you are set as an Admin of the computer. or..
- Boot the Install DVD and use Utilities to set a password for the installation, or..
- Open terminal app, type passwd username. Where username is your username. With any luck, it'll let you type nothing (hit return) at the enter current password prompt, then you can go on to enter a "new" password.

#2. Stick with KextHelper..no need for messing with OSXTools. Some bits are useful still in Snow, but mostly not, and no need to mess with it if you are making use of Tony's stuff..

#3. Dont even need to use KextHelper for audio. Use Tonys MultiBeast stuff (note, new version just released that you'll probably really need to use) to install the audio kexts...Note there's no option specifically for 888s. Don't know what MB you have, so can't suggest which to use other than try plain 888, hope someone else may know..
Dont know if you have a "tony DSDT", if you do, you'll probably just need to select LegacyHDA and the "10.6.2 AppleHDA re-install" (if you are on 10.6.3). If no DSDT, then also need to select & install HDAEnabler for 888.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back