Contribute
Register

[HELP] High Sierra not booting after Clover update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
CPU
INTEL I7 8700K
Graphics
GEFORCE GTX 1070
Hi everyone,

So I updated my Clover Configurator and after restarting my computer it wouldn't boot anymore.
I see the Apple loading screen with a red square behind it, and the loading bar is green/blue.

Before updating my clover I had a problem with my DisplayPort. My monitor wouldnt connect with the computer, so I bought a new display cable and that didn't work so it has to be a software problem. Tried to adjust some things in my config and then updated Clover.

Is anyone familliar with this problem? I have some work to finish up tonight which I can't do now :/

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-10-07 at 16.59.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-07 at 16.59.57.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 38
So I updated my Clover Configurator and after restarting my computer it wouldn't boot anymore.
Clover Configurator is an app, it has no impact on the ability of the OS to boot.

Before updating my clover I had a problem with my DisplayPort. My monitor wouldnt connect with the computer, so I bought a new display cable and that didn't work so it has to be a software problem.
Inconclusive - It could be a fault with the monitor or the graphics card.

Tried to adjust some things in my config and then updated Clover.
What did you change ?

Note that in the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed with regard to the location of drivers.
You need to place any required drivers in the new location.

Any help would be appreciated
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Clover Configurator is an app, it has no impact on the ability of the OS to boot.

Inconclusive - It could be a fault with the monitor or the graphics card.

What did you change ?

Note that in the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed with regard to the location of drivers.
You need to place any required drivers in the new location.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Started it in verbose mode (which I didnt know existed) and reset the things I changed in Clover.
I installed 2 kexts in the wrong folder I think. I also checked the 'InjectNvidia' & 'FixDisplay' boxes.

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back