HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, i'd like to know if i can install win 7 on my hackintosh. I have a single ssd and os x is already installed on it and i don't really know if now i can install also win 7/8. It would be great if you guys know if i can do it, and if yes, how? thank you very much :)

Hi guys, i'd like to know if i can install win 7 on my hackintosh. I have a single ssd and os x is already installed on it and i don't really know if now i can install also win 7/8. It would be great if you guys know if i can do it, and if yes, how? thank you very much :)

Yes you probably can. You need at least 75Gb partition, so shrink your OS X partition by that much or more, format the new partition MSDOS FAT32 using disk utility, insert your Win7/8 install media and reboot.

At the BIOS post hit the function hot key that allows you to choose a boot device and choose the NON-UEFI version of your WIN7/8 install drive and boot it.

At the first install screen select custom, next screen select advanced, next screen click on format.
On the disk management screen click on the FAT32 partition and then click on the format button.
When complete, continue and install.

When you are finished with Windows, and at this point that is all that will boot, insert your rBoot or UniBeast USB and reboot. At the BIOS post hit the function hot key that allows you to choose a boot device and choose rBoot CD or UniBeast USB boot it.
At the OS X desktop, reinstall Chimera bootloader with the standalone installer or with MultiBeast.

Yes you probably can. You need at least 75Gb partition, so shrink your OS X partition by that much or more, format the new partition MSDOS FAT32 using disk utility, insert your Win7/8 install media and reboot.

At the BIOS post hit the function hot key that allows you to choose a boot device and choose the NON-UEFI version of your WIN7/8 install drive and boot it.

At the first install screen select custom, next screen select advanced, next screen click on format.
On the disk management screen click on the FAT32 partition and then click on the format button.
When complete, continue and install.

Ok but the problem is, i don't have any pc at home, just a mac, 2 macbooks and the hackintosh, so i don't know how to create the boot usb with windows 7/8 from os x. May i do it intalling parallels on a mac?

p.s. I don't have the optical drive

Ok but the problem is, i don't have any pc at home, just a mac, 2 macbooks and the hackintosh, so i don't know how to create the boot usb with windows 7/8 from os x. May i do it intalling parallels on a mac?

p.s. I don't have the optical drive

Got a friend you can borrow a Win7 machine? Or you could get an external DVD-RW and buy the Win8DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-System-Builder-64-Bit/dp/B0094NXBZ0/
or the Win7 DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-64bit-System-Builder/dp/B004Q0T0LU/

ahahaha i'm joking. yes i think i'll borrow a pc from someone and i'll make a usb, then i'll follow you steps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back