Contribute
Register

Help! ati audio can't work in snow leopard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried all the method i could find from the internet,but the audio was still out of working in snow leopard.

it made sound with using Voodoohda,but cause terrible crashed voice,and in the voodoohda prefpane,i can only find HDMI audio(in my HD4850 card).

i take two pictures in ioreg after install hdaenabler.kext,and i found the problem.

"HDEF@14,2" is my audio card in my motherboard which i am using ,but the applehdacontroller can't load here.

"HDEF@0,1" is the HDMI audio in my hd4850 video card,the applehda load in here smoothly...

so who can help me with this?

in another way,it works well in leopard after using HDA Patcher,but this will cause panic in snow leopard.

my mb is AMD 790gx,audio chipest is alc883

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-15 at 1.06.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-15 at 1.06.57 PM.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 219
  • å±å¹•å¿«ç…§ 2010-04-11 6.53.20 AM.png
    å±å¹•å¿«ç…§ 2010-04-11 6.53.20 AM.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 247
Try the Vodoo v256 kexts posted here. They gave me stereo sound through my GeForce card with no real effort on my part. The sound quality was good and there was no popping. I have no idea if they will work with an ATI/AMD system, but it's worth a shot.

Tim

timg said:
Try the Vodoo v256 kexts posted here. They gave me stereo sound through my GeForce card with no real effort on my part. The sound quality was good and there was no popping. I have no idea if they will work with an ATI/AMD system, but it's worth a shot.

Tim

thx,i will try it

AMD 790 is the chipset and yes you can get that board working with a bit of tweaking, If i am right that board has a HD3200 or HD3300 ATI built-in video which you will not get working but the Geforce can work via VoodooHDA or ALC883 can work via patched AppleHDA kext. A person with only 2 posts isn't expected to stay after you figure out this problem so go have a read around a few boards, maybe you can learn from doing some reading :)

atleeit said:
AMD 790 is the chipset and yes you can get that board working with a bit of tweaking, If i am right that board has a HD3200 or HD3300 ATI built-in video which you will not get working but the Geforce can work via VoodooHDA or ALC883 can work via patched AppleHDA kext. A person with only 2 posts isn't expected to stay after you figure out this problem so go have a read around a few boards, maybe you can learn from doing some reading :)

thx for your suggestion.i am a chinese student.Reading english is ok but i really dont like to write with it,so you would found i post less here,but doesnt mean i read noting.i had read many about applehda in insanelymac,and i fellow what they said but changed nothing.i also found that many sites do not support AMD/ATI system,it seems you guys use only Intel system outside china. :D

until now my sound is still out of working,i have already deal with this for few months.
whatever,thx for your suggestion.

trust me a lot of people run AMD, especially your 790GX chipset. You need a patched kernel and a patched AppleHDA also you need ATIATA for your DVDRW and HDD's.

atleeit said:
trust me a lot of people run AMD, especially your 790GX chipset. You need a patched kernel and a patched AppleHDA also you need ATIATA for your DVDRW and HDD's.

:) that's nice to hear that.My HDD works fine with appleatiata.kext,but DVDRW can't be detected.i do not use the DVD Rom regularly so i will try to fix it after solving my audio problem.

yesterday i tried Voodoohda again,and changed the audio format to 441000Hz,suddenly it worked fine! but after reboot,it crunched again.so i turn to voodooproject forum for help.

thx again.

Ben very little chance of anyone helping you in VoodooHDA forums. VoodooHDA is easier to edit then AppleHDA but a bit of reading to do for the learning process.

atleeit said:
Ben very little chance of anyone helping you in VoodooHDA forums. VoodooHDA is easier to edit then AppleHDA but a bit of reading to do for the learning process.

now voodoohda works nice after i enable the "azalia snoop" in bios.no one told me that,i just
tried and it worked nice.that's amazing.

the only problem i found was some flash videos would speed up in safari or chrome,but it is ok in opera.

i dont want to mix up with applehda again except somebody done the patch of it . i have already worked for it for several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back