CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I do these steps to enable sound on HP Elitebook 8470p (intel hd4000 gpu) high Sierra os with supplemental update:

1) install voodoohda 2.9.0 choose 3rd selection classic install
2) install with kext utility the voodoohda.kext (version 2.9.0d10) to fix volume sliders problem and automute@startup

Everything it's ok with the sound from internal speakers and headphones output but the three HDMI selections none of them work when I plugged in a ds port to external monitor. So I found a solution to work my ds port sound I just install audio cloverHDMI-130_V0.5.command with these purposes:

1) mount efi
2) remove from S/L/E voodoohda.kext (otherwise don't find the intel hd4000 sound)
3) install cloverHDMI-130_V0.5.command

*to work HDMI/ DP sound must remove voodoohda.kext and then restart the laptop.

My problem is I must remove the voodoohda.kext to work the ds port sound. Is there any way to work inside the voodoohdasettingsloader without removing the kext or a way to skip loading voodoohda.kext from startup clover menu at laptop boot?

Thanks

s there any way to work inside the voodoohdasettingsloader without removing the kext or a way to skip loading voodoohda.kext from startup clover menu at laptop boot?
Not that I am aware of.
Issue:
AppleHDA does Intel HDMI audio
Voodoo does not do Intel HDMI audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back