HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i have this build and have a fully working system except HDMI Audio

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

while troubleshooting according to this....

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/763...ast-no-audio-solutions-problem-reporting.html

i discovered that the version of AppleHDA.Kext in Multibeast 5.1.3-1 (current download) does not seem to be patched with the optional Pin Configuration.

i was looking for 5.1.2 or 5.1.1 to test, but the are not in the archives.

i discovered that the version of AppleHDA.Kext in Multibeast 5.1.3-1 (current download) does not seem to be patched with the optional Pin Configuration.
There is not such thing as the "optional Pin Configuration". All the MultiBeast 5.1.3-1/Realtek/ALC8xx AppleHDA.kexts support HDMI audio for HD3000/HD4000, AMD and Nvidia HDMI audio.

For HDMI audio, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio
What problem are you trying to solve?

according to your instructions in 6

Supported PinConfigurations (HDMI/optional - e0 00 56 28)
ml_pinconfigs.png

6d. If your PinConfigurations are not the same, AppleHDA.kext is not the Optimized AppleHDA
6e. Fix, see I. Installation - MultiBeast

No matter how many times i reinstall i am not getting a Optimized AppleHDA Kext. this is where i am stuck. i made changed to HDAEnabler1.kext just find (that was cake once i found where and the changes showed up correct on next boot).

and thanks Toleda, I have read thru all your other write ups on this and see you really have worked hard making this thing swimmingly easy. i was going even try one of your alpha AppleHDAs you had posted but was really hoping for the real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
according to your instructions in 6

No matter how many times i reinstall i am not getting a Optimized AppleHDA Kext. this is where i am stuck. i made changed to HDAEnabler1.kext just find (that was cake once i found where and the changes showed up correct on next boot).

and thanks Toleda, I have read thru all your other write ups on this and see you really have worked hard making this thing swimmingly easy. i was going even try one of your alpha AppleHDAs you had posted but was really hoping for the real thing.
The optimized AppleHDA.kexts are the real thing, as close to native as possible and still work. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Yes IOreg and the troubleshooting instructions are how i discovered that
e0 00 56 28
it is missing from my appleHDA.kext

I was under the impression that the addition of
e0 00 56 28
is about the only difference from the original. but again for some reason it is missing from mine

Can I use IOreg to add the line? or do i need hex fiend, and if i need to make hex edits i would need monkey dumb instructions because that gets way beyond my comfort/knowledge level. I struggled pretty hard the first time doing it with the DSDT before i wiped and upgraded to UEFI, but i eventually got it done and was rock solid. Plist editing is pretty easy with Plist edit Pro.

thanks again

Yes IOreg and the troubleshooting instructions are how i discovered that
it is missing from my appleHDA.kext
It is missing because an HDMI/.DP connector has not been recognized in either discrete or integrated graphics. There is no hex edit for this. Reply with a copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back