Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H
CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Hi all, and thanks for all the help these forums have brought me.

Strangely, my HDMI audio is working, but I was unable to make it all the way through all 3 parts of this forums' HDMI audio setup instructions. Everything is fine up until I have to search for HDAU in IORegistryExplorer. It is simply not listed. But, like I said, HDMI audio is working. Is it important that I make it all the way through if the audio is coming out? Will I be missing anything if I don't move on to part 3?

I thought it was because of a missing bracket "}" at the end of the HDAU segment, but once I put it back in, I get compile errors.

Anyway, I am running OSX 10.7.4, if that makes a difference. Also, it is a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with a Radeon 6870.

Thanks in advance!!!

Update (I Have attached the DSDT and IOREG)

Update (I had a problem with the file size of the IOREG zip file, so I split it into multiple zips. just delete the .ZIP extension from the ioregsplit.z01.zip and ioregsplit.z02.zip files, and it should work).

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    18.2 KB · Views: 137
  • ioregsplit.zip
    590.1 KB · Views: 106
  • ioregsplit.z01.zip
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • ioregsplit.z02.zip
    1 MB · Views: 94
spikejackson said:
Strangely, my HDMI audio is working, but I was unable to make it all the way through all 3 parts of this forums' HDMI audio setup instructions. Everything is fine up until I have to search for HDAU in IORegistryExplorer. It is simply not listed. But, like I said, HDMI audio is working. Is it important that I make it all the way through if the audio is coming out? Will I be missing anything if I don't move on to part 3?
Attach edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg.

trying to upload ioreg, but upload keeps failing.

Keep getting "Upload of file failed". Its a < 3MB zip file.

Update (decided to split the zip ... see original post for details).

Keep getting "Upload of file failed". Its a < 3MB zip file.

Update (decided to split the zip ... see original post for details).
With or without the extension, it unzips to another zip file; not useful. Put the IOReg in a folder, Finder/File/Cpmpress the folder and attach the zip.

It keeps failing the upload on anything over 2 MB.

The file upload fails on anything over 2 MB. Must be a glitch in the forum upload system. It says "Upload of File Failed".

Any other method of getting the file to you?

The file upload fails on anything over 2 MB. Must be a glitch in the forum upload system. It says "Upload of File Failed".

Any other method of getting the file to you?
I don't know what the problem is. The OS X compression tool reduces the file 75%, is your IOReg over 8MBs? If it is, make a new copy soon after a restart.

Yes. It is 8.2 mb that compresses to 2.7 mb

Yes. It is 8.2 mb that compresses to 2.7 mb

And this is after a reboot.

Yes. I launch ioregexplorer and its at the root with IOService selected for both options. Then i go to file, save a copy as and choose the destination. Results in a 8.2 mb file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back