Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

i'm a total n00b at this, but all has gone reasonably well.

I purchased the following:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3
i3-4340
Sandisk SSD
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ RAM

The basic install went well and i had my OS X desktop up in no time. When it came to multibeast, i didn't have a clue... All the language was over my head. I downloaded a MB file from a member tobitobsts who posted it in a thread somewhere and most things have worked.

The box is primarily going to be an XBMC player for the lounge connected to my Synology NAS. It will be connected to a Surround Sound processor via HDMI and this is where i run into problems. Everything is working except for audio via HDMI.

I have read through the guides and many threads but i simply don't understand how to get the correct drivers into my system. If anyone could provide me a MB file i could simply load it would be very appreciated, so at least i could get the system working whilst i learned the lingo..

I bought the components and built the box on Christmas eve so all the downloads i assume were current versions, MB etc

Cheers

Steve

All you need is here https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

You need to inject your sound with either sstd injection or with a custom dsdt for your board.
IF you are new to this go with ssdt injection.
Good luck and merry Christmas

I have read through the guides and many threads but i simply don't understand how to get the correct drivers into my system. If anyone could provide me a MB file i could simply load it would be very appreciated, so at least i could get the system working whilst i learned the lingo..
There is no MultiBeast solution for HDMI audio; dsdt (or ssdt) and kext edits required. See Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide.

Thanks guys,

Toleda, the problem is that i don't know what a kext edit is, in the thread it seems everyone knows the lingo, i don't even know where to start..

Is there a guide somewhere explaining kext edits??

Could you point me to a specific post in the HDMI guide that would help me?

I appreciate your time and sorry for the n00b questions...

Merry Christmas

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back