Motherboard
Samsung NT900X3G-K58S
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I'm working on my laptop Hackintosh, and so far it's installed.
According to Windows, there is 128MB of Dedicated Video Memory, which as far as I'm concerned means 128MB of DVMT-prealloc. So I removed the patch from RehabMan's plist for HD5500.
I booted with 0x16260006, and there is an AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer KP.
Anyone know what that's about?

Attachments

• 20190113_103914_HDR.jpg
    20190113_103914_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
Hello, I'm working on my laptop Hackintosh, and so far it's installed.
According to Windows, there is 128MB of Dedicated Video Memory, which as far as I'm concerned means 128MB of DVMT-prealloc. So I removed the patch from RehabMan's plist for HD5500.
I booted with 0x16260006, and there is an AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer KP.
Anyone know what that's about?
windows is not a reliable source for determining DVMT values as mentioned in the faq:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

windows is not a reliable source for determining DVMT values as mentioned in the faq:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
It doesn't necessarily say Windows isn't a reliable source...
Having a very very locked-down BIOS, there aren't many ways to properly check for DVMT. None of the AMI tools seem to like my laptop very much, so I can't dump it.
Is there any other way to check for DVMT, so I can work around it?

It doesn't necessarily say Windows isn't a reliable source...
Having a very very locked-down BIOS, there aren't many ways to properly check for DVMT. None of the AMI tools seem to like my laptop very much, so I can't dump it.
Is there any other way to check for DVMT, so I can work around it?
use an updated confi.plist form the laptop guide, it has a patch for 32mb dvmt, yours seems to not have this in your config,plist

nice little patch eh? :)
Hi
While the graphics does work, I've been trying to get the sound working. Many guides tell me to place Lilu and AppleALC in EFI, which probably means I need to move WhateverGreen to EFI as well.
This causes a KP, exact same one as OP.
Is there a way to get both working at once?
Nothing has been changed on the original CLOVER.zip except the new and unedited RehabMan plist.

Last edited:
Hi
While the graphics does work, I've been trying to get the sound working. Many guides tell me to place Lilu and AppleALC in EFI, which probably means I need to move WhateverGreen to EFI as well.
This causes a KP, exact same one as OP.
Is there a way to get both working at once?
Nothing has been changed on the original CLOVER.zip except the new and unedited RehabMan plist.
kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

a write up here about installing kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-installing-kexts-macos-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back