Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Before I did something (Not sure what I did to break it) my control key functioned as the command key, so crtl+W closed tabs and ctrl+Q closed programs. But now ctrl refuses to act as command. I remember I messed with the modifier keys under the keyboard options, but do not remember what I set them as. I tried making ctrl as command and command as control, but no go. What else can I do?

Probook 4530s

Before I did something (Not sure what I did to break it) my control key functioned as the command key, so crtl+W closed tabs and ctrl+Q closed programs. But now ctrl refuses to act as command. I remember I messed with the modifier keys under the keyboard options, but do not remember what I set them as. I tried making ctrl as command and command as control, but no go. What else can I do?

Probook 4530s

Pretty strange to make Ctrl == Command, but to each his own I guess.

Check your assignments in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Modifier Keys"

Maybe your Ctrl is now on the Fn key. It happens sometimes, usually when you do updates. To fix do EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power down 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Also... you're running ML and posting this to the Lion forum...

Pretty strange to make Ctrl == Command, but to each his own I guess.

Check your assignments in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Modifier Keys"

Maybe your Ctrl is now on the Fn key. It happens sometimes, usually when you do updates. To fix do EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power down 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Also... you're running ML and posting this to the Lion forum...
I am going from PC, so I am used to having the button I open and close tabs with ctrl+w right there, and I use that a lot so it's much easier for me.

And the EC reset worked, thanks. Think I updated Parallels, so that's probably what did it.

And I chose this forum because it was specific to the 4530s, but now see it is below the Lion support.

I am going from PC, so I am used to having the button I open and close tabs with ctrl+w right there, and I use that a lot so it's much easier for me.

So am I... I use KeyRemap4MacBook to change just the common ones. Ctrl+WZXCVA....

And the EC reset worked, thanks. Think I updated Parallels, so that's probably what did it.

And I chose this forum because it was specific to the 4530s, but now see it is below the Lion support.

Glad you got it unscrewed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back