Dell Precision M6800
CPU
I7-4800M
Graphics
K3100M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Haven't been back here in years!

I'd like to rehackintosh some hardware for purposes of testing imovie before purchasing a Mac.

Are GTX 1050/ti still not compatle with web drivers /imovie? I have both.

Also is hd graphics supported?
I have everything from Sandy Bridge to Kaby lake to coffee lake to Ryzen to use. Can any of these IGPUS work without GPU for imovie in Hackintosh build?

What's my best option as far as OS is concerned for this test? The latest? something slightly older?

Thanks people. this community rocks I miss it!

Haven't been back here in years!

I'd like to rehackintosh some hardware for purposes of testing imovie before purchasing a Mac.

Are GTX 1050/ti still not compatle with web drivers /imovie? I have both.

Also is hd graphics supported?
I have everything from Sandy Bridge to Kaby lake to coffee lake to Ryzen to use. Can any of these IGPUS work without GPU for imovie in Hackintosh build?

What's my best option as far as OS is concerned for this test? The latest? something slightly older?

Thanks people. this community rocks I miss it!
The GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are not supported on MacOS Mojave and later due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

Kaby Lake / Coffee Lake CPUs (i3 and above) and their integrated graphics are supported on MacOS. Kaby Lake is supported since MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Coffee Lake is supported since MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (8th generation) / Mojave 10.14.6 (9th generation).

The GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are not supported on MacOS Mojave and later due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

Kaby Lake / Coffee Lake CPUs (i3 and above) and their integrated graphics are supported on MacOS. Kaby Lake is supported since MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Coffee Lake is supported since MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (8th generation) / Mojave 10.14.6 (9th generation).
Tha k you for the swift reply.

So I could run MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, With either gtx 1050/ti or Kaby lake uhd igpu specifically for purposes of using Imovie???

It seems imovie used to give so many problems back in the day.

Tha k you for the swift reply.

So I could run MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, With either gtx 1050/ti or Kaby lake uhd igpu specifically for purposes of using Imovie???

It seems imovie used to give so many problems back in the day.
Be aware that, as far as I know, the Mac App Store is broken with MacOS High Sierra. So you may have problems trying to download and run iMovie on High Sierra.

If you need to run iMovie, I recommend to use at least MacOS Mojave, but that means you cannot use the GTX 1050 / GTX 1050 Ti.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back