Contribute
Register

Hackintosh went to sleep now won't Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V
CPU
Intel I7
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last night my hackointosh was working fine. I put it into sleep mode and went to sleep myself. When I woke up this morning I went to wake it up and nothing happened so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. However now my motherboard powers on beeps and restarts. If I do nothing this loop goes on forever. So I opened up my computer and took out my HDD, my SSD and all but one stick of ram. As long as no more but 1 stick of ram is plugged in when I power on the motherboard it doesn't beep and fan will stay on but no video shows on my monitor. If I plug in a second stick of ram the reboot cycle will start again. Sometimes a blue screen will appear on my screen but then the computer will reboot. HELP what do I do? Is my motherboard fried? I have a gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P motherboard an i3.

Usually, if it beeps before Posting it means Memory RAM problems.

Since you already know that more than 1 stick causes the problem, them the next step is to test all RAM sticks in the same slot, powering down, pulling the AC cord and waiting until the on-board +5V LED turns off before touching any memory stick.

If they all work in the one slot, then the next test would be if they work in both blue or both white slots.

Are all the RAM sticks the same?

If they all work in one slot then the next thing to do is to test the first two slots. If two sticks work in the first two slots (blue and white) but no stick works in the third and/or fourth slot, then the mem controller is probably shot and it will mean a new mobo.

If I put a second stick in the first white slot I get the single beep and the reboot loop if I put the second stick in the second blue slot the fan stays on but I still don't get any video out to my monitors.
Usually, if it beeps before Posting it means Memory RAM problems.

Since you already know that more than 1 stick causes the problem, them the next step is to test all RAM sticks in the same slot, powering down, pulling the AC cord and waiting until the on-board +5V LED turns off before touching any memory stick.

If they all work in the one slot, then the next test would be if they work in both blue or both white slots.

Are all the RAM sticks the same?

If they all work in one slot then the next thing to do is to test the first two slots. If two sticks work in the first two slots (blue and white) but no stick works in the third and/or fourth slot, then the mem controller is probably shot and it will mean a new mobo.

If you install 1 stick and it beeps and the fans turn but there's no video, then the next step is to put the other stick in the first stick's place to see if that single stick does the same thing. If they both do the same thing then you have to then move to the next slot, testing each stick in a slot until all four slots are tested with both sticks. Some mobos will allow a stick in any slot, others will only allow a stick being in the first slot. It is probably different architecture, though.

If they both do the same thing then the next thing to do is to power off, remove the AC cord, reset the BIOS.

If it then does the same thing, with just 1 RAM stick installed) then the next thing to do is to try a different RAM stick, hopefully new, same speed (1066, 1333, 1600, etc.) and type (DDR2, DDR3, etc.) It could be used, but if it comes up then chances are you will need to run MemTest86 for at least 2 passes.

If it still does it with new RAM then you may be looking at getting a new mobo.

1 stick no beep fans stay on 2 sticks in first blue slot and first white slot 1 beep Fans restart. 2 sticks of ram in only blue slots no beep fans stay on but nothing else happens.

If you install 1 stick and it beeps and the fans turn but there's no video, then the next step is to put the other stick in the first stick's place to see if that single stick does the same thing. If they both do the same thing then you have to then move to the next slot, testing each stick in a slot until all four slots are tested with both sticks. Some mobos will allow a stick in any slot, others will only allow a stick being in the first slot. It is probably different architecture, though.

If they both do the same thing then the next thing to do is to power off, remove the AC cord, reset the BIOS.

If it then does the same thing, with just 1 RAM stick installed) then the next thing to do is to try a different RAM stick, hopefully new, same speed (1066, 1333, 1600, etc.) and type (DDR2, DDR3, etc.) It could be used, but if it comes up then chances are you will need to run MemTest86 for at least 2 passes.

If it still does it with new RAM then you may be looking at getting a new mobo.

1 stick no beep fans stay on 2 sticks in first blue slot and first white slot 1 beep Fans restart. 2 sticks of ram in only blue slots no beep fans stay on but nothing else happens.

Did you set Hibernation to 0? Hibernation isn't supported on a hackintosh needs to be set to 0. Try resetting CMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back