Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

i´m thinking about buying a new Desktop Computer, as a Mac User i definitely want to run OSX on it, but i also want to have the advantage of the gaming power of a native Windows7.

My idea now, because i like the design of them, is, to buy a Alienware Aurora ALX.

Are there any experiences, if or how it works make a hackintosh out of it?

Thanks for helping me out,

Christian

Forget it. Build your own parts-by-parts.

What the guy below me said is true.

If your really going to dump thousands of $ for a pc with a "good case" and poor performance that can't run OS X then go for it.

If you DESIGN your own (pick the parts) and get your local PC store to build it (Thats what I did) you will have a killer Hackintosh.

We'll be happy to tell you what parts to pick and you can pick a sexy case.

Thank you guys,

after hours of surfing i think i will do a MacPro G5 CaseMod and choose my own parts. Which configuration would you prefer? Should i just choose the parts from the buyer´s guide?

I´m not sure about choosing IvyBridge or Socket 2011, seems to me, that Socket 2011 would be more powerfull but cause also more problems as a Hackintosh?

Thank you for your support, really good to have you out there!

Christian

Hey guys,

i´m thinking about buying a new Desktop Computer, as a Mac User i definitely want to run OSX on it, but i also want to have the advantage of the gaming power of a native Windows7.

My idea now, because i like the design of them, is, to buy a Alienware Aurora ALX.

Are there any experiences, if or how it works make a hackintosh out of it?

Thanks for helping me out,

Christian

Now your talking! If you desire you could replicate all the parts from the iMac or Mac Pro but I'd jump for the customac's.

But firstly, whats your budget?

Hi,

i thought about 1.500€ without the case, and i'm not sure wheter i should use Watercooling or not.

As a graphics card i think the 660ti should be good enough, i'm not that pro gamer, my focus is definitely to have a OSX Killer Machine.

2 Ssd's for Windows and Osx and two 2TB Hdds running in Raid 5 for Data on the Mac side.

Those are the Frame conditions, thanks again for your support,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back