Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it happens after sleep. My daughter has the other, identical, system...and she mostly listens to music/videos on YT and will often complain that it cuts out between videos. I do have darkwake=10 and also FixHDA_8000 in clover.

I don't see the Power Nap Off option anywhere, though. Could it somehow be video card related? Both systems are using Nvidia cards and not the onboard Intel HD.

She says she experiences the issue daily. I could install Chrome on her Mac and see how that works. At least something to help isolate the issue.

Is she using the headphone jack by chance and switching back and forth between speakers/headphones? My son was having an issue with losing sound on our other hack when he was doing this at times, but I don't recall what the solution was. He was also doing some video/audio capture/editing stuff, so I though that may have been involved with the issue as well.

I'm using Nvidia GTX950, FixHDA_8000, darkwake=10, so we are the same there. For audio, my usb powered speakers are using the rear audio jack. The Power Nap tick box is in the Energy Saver configuration in System Prefs.

Is she using the headphone jack by chance and switching back and forth between speakers/headphones? My son was having an issue with losing sound on our other hack when he was doing this at times, but I don't recall what the solution was. He was also doing some video/audio capture/editing stuff, so I though that may have been involved with the issue as well.

I'm using Nvidia GTX950, FixHDA_8000, darkwake=10, so we are the same there. For audio, my usb powered speakers are using the rear audio jack. The Power Nap tick box is in the Energy Saver configuration in System Prefs.

She's not using the headphone jack at all...strictly USB powered speakers plugged into the speaker out jack in the back. Sound is set to Internal Speakers.

I switched her to Chrome and it just happened again. Though by the time she came and got me to come look at her computer, the sound was mysteriously working again.

While I was doing this...the sound went out on my Mac. Closing Safari and plugging in headphones didn't do anything...had to reboot.

I don't have the PowerNap option in Energy Saver. I've heard other people say the same thing...not sure what it takes for it to show up and if that means it's enabled or not.

I guess I'll just get a USB sound adapter. 8 bucks and hopefully it means I don't have to troubleshoot any further.

Hey! I'm thinking about building my first hackintosh based on this build. The problem is that I live in Brazil and the total cost is already at $850, and i still have to buy the monitor, keyboard and mice
To reduce the cost a bit, i was thinking about removing the gpu for starters, and adding it later on. Is there a way to get around the sleep problem with onboard graphics?

She's not using the headphone jack at all...strictly USB powered speakers plugged into the speaker out jack in the back. Sound is set to Internal Speakers.

I switched her to Chrome and it just happened again. Though by the time she came and got me to come look at her computer, the sound was mysteriously working again.

While I was doing this...the sound went out on my Mac. Closing Safari and plugging in headphones didn't do anything...had to reboot.

I don't have the PowerNap option in Energy Saver. I've heard other people say the same thing...not sure what it takes for it to show up and if that means it's enabled or not.

After you boot the Mac, is there a series of steps where you can duplicate the problem every time? Would be happy to try to see if I can help further if I can replicate. You are on Sierra 10.12.3, correct?

The Power Nap option being there (or not) is still a mystery. We were discussing this before and aren't sure what causes this to be available.

Hey! I'm thinking about building my first hackintosh based on this build. The problem is that I live in Brazil and the total cost is already at $850, and i still have to buy the monitor, keyboard and mice
To reduce the cost a bit, i was thinking about removing the gpu for starters, and adding it later on. Is there a way to get around the sleep problem with onboard graphics?

Hi, some are running integrated graphics, but I do believe you would have to disable sleep from what I understand. With integrated graphics, there are some fixes for the glitching. It will not be usable with these hacks. I'm sure there are some threads on this somewhere. I applied these fixes once back on El Capitan and it made things totally usable. This was before I installed the Nvidia 950. I didn't run it very long like this, so I didn't gain much experience about how it works for the long term. It's too bad they don't work without a hitch as they would be perfect for these econo machines.

After you boot the Mac, is there a series of steps where you can duplicate the problem every time? Would be happy to try to see if I can help further if I can replicate. You are on Sierra 10.12.3, correct?

The Power Nap option being there (or not) is still a mystery. We were discussing this before and aren't sure what causes this to be available.

I have not found any way to duplicate it and it just seems so random. Even the fix is random...though a reboot always takes care of it.

I just received my USB sound adapter and they work...so we'll see if the problem goes away. For 7 bucks, I'll consider it a fix. :)

Hi, thanks for this tutorial. I just installed on Gigabyte ga-h110m-h and it´s working except for one small detail: when I connect an external hard drive on any usb3 port the icon shows as if it is an internal hard drive. On usb2 ports it shows as external. Anyone has any ideas?

I have not found any way to duplicate it and it just seems so random. Even the fix is random...though a reboot always takes care of it.

I just received my USB sound adapter and they work...so we'll see if the problem goes away. For 7 bucks, I'll consider it a fix. :)

Great, glad you have a workaround. Still not able to duplicate this, but will report back if I have any ideas or run across something.

Hi, thanks for this tutorial. I just installed on Gigabyte ga-h110m-h and it´s working except for one small detail: when I connect an external hard drive on any usb3 port the icon shows as if it is an internal hard drive. On usb2 ports it shows as external. Anyone has any ideas?

Hi, this was discussed in my other build thread (link below). It is only aesthetic and the anomaly is not specific to this hardware or the h110 boards in general. If you find any additional information about this, or a fix, please post back and let us know.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-3-gtx-970-16gb.197912/page-3#post-1398130

That is odd, wonder if it is trying to bridge a network connection or something? I never have issues with my Ethernet and I use lots of USB devices. However, I have an iPad, not an iPhone. I use the RealtekRTL8111.kext (build date March 24, 2016) installed in my EFI Clover folder (\kexts\10.12). Also could be something with your HW or configuration since it is slightly different than my build. Is your problem with USB2, USB3, or both?

Sorry, i just saw your reply now.
We are using the same kext :)
I had "solved" the issue, iphone on usb 3.0 and the usb hub with keyboard and mouse in 2.0.
Now it works fantastic! I assume that issue was caused by draining too much energy from a single usb hub, probably i´m wrong LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back