Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not for me. The user Michaelsun96, who owns a GA-H110M-A Motherboard, does not have the Super I/O option in his BIOS firmware. Maybe you could help him with his question?
I don't have a GA-H110M-A motherboard.
He should consult his motherboard manual.

If I'm not mistaken, the super i/o option has something to do with the VGA port. If you disable Super I/O, the VGA port cannot be used anymore. Your gigabyte mainboard does not include a VGA port, so i would say ... go for it. Skip this step in the tutorial!

But again, I am not 100% sure. Maybe someone can correct me, if I am wrong. ;)
Kk, I trust you. Thanks a lot!

F20, there is no Super IO option under peripherals. Should I flash the BIOS version that you are using. Or is it already disabled by default so I need to do nothing?

It won’t say Super I/O, look for I/O Controller and disable. The GA-H110M-A board has the iTE® I/O Controller Chip per the specifications. You just need to disable it.

Last night I turn on my Econo Rig all night to download files, in the morning it can't wake up. And after hard reset, boot option show hibernate volume and it crash every time it boot. Anyone has experienced the same problem? Thank you.

I finally able to solve it using Cancel Hibernation Wake. Silly me.

Glad you got it sorted. When this happened to me the first time, I was also alarmed since I didn't realize (or see) that option existed! I've seen this a couple times over the past year, but I am still not sure exactly what causes it. It doesn't happen very often. The last time I saw this was after I shut the system down before going on vacation. The system shut down fine and I left. Next, I turned on the machine when I returned and didn't select the clover boot choice immediately (boot MacOS, Other OS etc) and walked away for about 20 minutes. When I came back, the system was in this state and I had to cancel hibernation via the Clover option. Not sure what happened, but all has been OK since.

Hoping to try the High Sierra update soon. The only thing stopping me is the Nvidia web drivers and all the reports about glitching etc. It is not clear to me if this affects all GTX9xx and GTX10xx series cards or whether the most recent 10.13.1 web driver fixes this. Reports seem to be all over the board. If anybody has any feedback on this topic in general (or specifically with the GTX950 and a similar build) please let me know how it is going and what you have learned. Thanks!

Updated to Sierra 10.12.6 Security Update 2017-001 (16G1036)
  • Kept my existing clover version 4045
  • Installed Security Update 2017-001 using the App Store
  • After it rebooted, installed the latest Nvidia Web Driver from System Preferences
  • Rebooted
  • Installed the new Nvidia Cuda drivers
  • Also updated to latest Safari and iTunes
No issues to report thus far. This has the KRACK wifi patch for those that want it. I haven't been in a rush to install High Sierra, so this is a nice to have security update. Before I install High Sierra, I want to be 100% sure my GTX 950 card won't have any regression. I might also decide to install fresh with the new MultiBeast 10 out now, still not sure. I'll make sure I document everything when the time comes. Currently, I don't feel like fixing things if they aren't broke, haha! Perhaps if I had more time to play around, I would do the upgrade for the hell of it and then revert back if it didn't go well. But for now, the system is rock solid and I am content where I am.

have you try updating to High Sierra ?

have you try updating to High Sierra ?
Not yet, my status and outlook is still the same as in my last post above. Let us know how the upgrade goes if you decide to take the leap.

Not yet, my status and outlook is still the same as in my last post above. Let us know how the upgrade goes if you decide to take the leap.
I actually just updated to 10.13.1 (HFS+J instead of APFS)
Everything seems to be working perfectly
-TRIM working fine,
-Intel HD 530 is fully working
-Sounds still alive.
-USB ports still working
-Shutdown
-Restart
-Sleep

Last edited:
I actually just updated to 10.13.1 (HFS+J instead of APFS)
Everything seems to be working perfectly
-TRIM working fine,
-Intel HD 530 is fully working
-Sounds still alive.
-USB ports still working
-Shutdown
-Restart
-Sleep

Good deal, glad to hear things are working for you. My only reservation is my GTX 950 card. I do video editing with Davinci Resolve (Cuda) and have read about folks having glitching etc. on High Sierra. I think my best bet is to do a full backup with Clonezilla and give it a try when I get some free time.

Good deal, glad to hear things are working for you. My only reservation is my GTX 950 card. I do video editing with Davinci Resolve (Cuda) and have read about folks having glitching etc. on High Sierra. I think my best bet is to do a full backup with Clonezilla and give it a try when I get some free time.
If you are using your build for production work, then I'd wait until at least 10.13.3 before upgrading to High Sierra. (It's been my experience since 10.0 that Apple's macOS gets most of the bugs our by the third OS update. In this case, HS has a new file system.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back