Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, i just saw your reply now.
We are using the same kext :)
I had "solved" the issue, iphone on usb 3.0 and the usb hub with keyboard and mouse in 2.0.
Now it works fantastic! I assume that issue was caused by draining too much energy from a single usb hub, probably i´m wrong LOL.

Cool, glad you got it sorted!

Updated to 10.12.4
  1. Updated Clover (UEFI) to r4045: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-for-kext-injection-in-macos-10-12-4.218062/
    • Don't skip this step unless you study your Clover version carefully and think you are safe to update without it.
  2. Upgraded to 10.12.4 using App Store.
  3. Reboot - Nvidia driver won't be working.
  4. Nvidia Web Driver should prompt to update. Go ahead and update.
  5. Reboot - Nvidia driver will now be working.
  6. Nvidia Cuda should prompt to update. Go ahead and update.
  7. Done!
Update was uneventful, no issues to report thus far. Nvidia Web Driver is working, audio working, TRIM support still working. Yay!

Yesterday i realize a issue with app store, probably caused by <key>IOBuiltin</key> set to <false/>, even with my nic (rtl8111) set to en0.
I had search all over internet, tried a lot of methods, and nothing seems to work or is to be use with multibeast.
Do you had some similar trouble?

Yesterday i realize a issue with app store, probably caused by <key>IOBuiltin</key> set to <false/>, even with my nic (rtl8111) set to en0.
I had search all over internet, tried a lot of methods, and nothing seems to work or is to be use with multibeast.
Do you had some similar trouble?

I use motherboard built-in Ethernet. Never had any troubles with the App Store, OS upgrades or other apps. I just installed PhotoScape today to check it out and App Store was working fine.

1) The sound volume is low. Anyone has the same problem? How to fix it?

2) I'm currently using BIOS F3. Should I to upgrade to F20? F20 prohibits updating to earlier version BIOS.

Thank you.

I use typical micro Logitech USB speakers with this rig. They output a reasonable volume and have worked the same on BIOS F5 and also now on F20. For audio, are you using the recommended AppleHDA (native) or did you install Voodoo sound? If it's the latter, that could be the problem.

There is a post within this thread where I explain how to revert back to your previous BIOS version using free third party flash software. F20 should be fine as long as you follow the recommendations (see OP for details on posts).

Edit: see post #51 for how to flash back to a previous BIOS version. Here I was experimenting with F20 before I eventually committed to moving forward with it: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h110m-a-gtx950-8gb.199438/page-6#post-1394965

I use typical micro Logitech USB speakers with this rig. They output a reasonable volume and have worked the same on BIOS F5 and also now on F20. For audio, are you using the recommended AppleHDA (native) or did you install Voodoo sound? If it's the latter, that could be the problem.

I'm not 100% sure, but that means, you are using an external soundcard. If so, the onboard soundcard is not active.

When you google "ALC887 low volume" (ALC887 is the soundchip for H110M mainboard) there are several topics about low volume via the headphone jack. Maybe it is not Hackintosh related.

What you can do: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h110m-a-gtx950-8gb.199438/page-9#post-1454305

I bought an external usb soundcard/amplifier for higher volume and to fix the sound drop outs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W9G8LG8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00SB6SU6Q/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

I'm not 100% sure, but that means, you are using an external soundcard. If so, the onboard soundcard is not active.

Hi, I am definitely using the onboard ALC887. My speakers are simply "USB powered" and connect to the green audio port on the MB. There isn't an external soundcard on my system. When I say "native sound", this is when you are properly using the native AppleHDA.kext and not the VoodooHDA sound module (CloverALC scripts allow this).

Some are using VoodooHDA sound when they aren't able to figure out the AppleHDA CloverALC script, so I just wanted to point this out since that driver would be completely different when interfacing with the onboard ALC887.

I still don't experience any drop-outs with AppleHDA and the ALC887 (BIOS F20). Recently, I have purposely been trying to make it fail to see if I can help, but I haven't been able to. As far as volume, the rear jack drives my little USB-powered speakers and I don't have any issues. I'll check out my front headphone jack tonight using some quality headphones to see if I can witness the low volume issue you are talking about.

Hi, I am definitely using the onboard ALC887. My speakers are simply "USB powered" and connect to the green audio port on the MB. There isn't an external soundcard on my system. When I say "native sound", this is when you are properly using the native AppleHDA.kext and not the VoodooHDA sound module (CloverALC scripts allow this).

Some are using VoodooHDA sound when they aren't able to figure out the AppleHDA CloverALC script, so I just wanted to point this out since that driver would be completely different when interfacing with the onboard ALC887.

I still don't experience any drop-outs with AppleHDA and the ALC887 (BIOS F20). Recently, I have purposely been trying to make it fail to see if I can help, but I haven't been able to. As far as volume, the rear jack drives my little USB-powered speakers and I don't have any issues. I'll check out my front headphone jack tonight using some quality headphones to see if I can witness the low volume issue you are talking about.

I just plugged in my Audio Technica's into the front jack and listened to some tunes. I see what you guys mean about the headphone volume. The software applications help. I think I might buy the Boom app, it is quite good. Thanks for the info!

Hey mots,

I followed your guide to build my first ever Hackintosh. It's alive, yippee!

But, I'm having some weird graphics issue with the Menu Bar. The right side of the menu bar (clock, Spotlight, etc) show fine, but the left side of the menu bar doesn't. I'm not using a discrete GPU, rather the iGPU.

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Any clue how to approach this?

I'm upgrading to Sierra now, hoping that will be what resolves it. I installed the HD 530 graphics drivers with Multibeast, and my config.plist is set to InjectIntel.

EDIT: I can't install Sierra. When booting the install with Clover, I get a panic. Looks to be GPU related?

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f90745758): assertmsg@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.24.45.3/Common/IONDRV/Intel/SKL/AppleIntelController.cpp:26301
Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff81214dbcc0 : 0xffffff800b2ec3ec mach_kernel : panic + 0xec
0xffffff81214dbd40 : 0xffffff7f90745758 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer : __ZN31AppleIntelFramebufferController13FBMemMgr_InitEv + 0x1b2
0xffffff81214dbdb0 : 0xffffff7f907423cc com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer : __ZN31AppleIntelFramebufferController5startEP9IOService + 0xaaa
0xffffff81214dbe40 : 0xffffff800b897e3d mach_kernel : __ZN9IOService14startCandidateEPS_ + 0x6d
0xffffff81214dbe80 : 0xffffff800b897b8e mach_kernel : __ZN9IOService15probeCandidateEP120S0OrderedSet + 0x98e
0xffffff81214dbf10 : 0xffffff800b897146 mach_kernel : __ZN9IOService14doServiceMatchEj + 0x236
0xffffff81214dbf60 : 0xffffff800b897b5e mach_kernel : __ZN15_IOConfigThread4mainEPvi + 0x14e
0xffffff81214dbfb0 : 0xffffff800b29a8f7 mach_kernel : _call_continuation + 0x17

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer(10.2.4)[AC8B18BD-271B-3170-BA8C-8D41466A9C4A]@0xffffff7f90719000->0xffffff7f90901fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9) (my hands hurt too much to type the 0x codes)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAccleratorFamily2(311.11)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily(31)
dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl(3.14.41)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(514.10)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Boot args: dart=0, darkwake=10, keepsyms=1, debug=0x100

Mac OS Version: 16E195

System model name: iMac17,1

EDIT (again): I fixed it! Playing in the BIOS, I set the pre-allocated iGPU memory to 256 MB, booted right up! Sierra also fixed the weird graphics glitch on the menu bar.

But I can't get audio to work. Running toleda's ALC110 script says it isn't compatible with Sierra, and running ALC120 doesn't do anything, I still have no audio outputs.

Last edited:
But I can't get audio to work. Running toleda's ALC110 script says it isn't compatible with Sierra, and running ALC120 doesn't do anything, I still have no audio outputs.

Glad you got past your issues. Let us know how the Intel graphics work for you after you are up and running for awhile. I wanted sleep to work, otherwise I would have stuck with the iGPU.

For audio, see my links in the first post about when I upgraded to Sierra. I simply used the latest Sierra MultiBeast to get audio working again. I used the non-legacy ALC887 drivers. This has the script that you need integrated. MultiBeast will tell what it is going to do when you choose "non-legacy ALC887". If you do it manually, your EFI partition has to be mounted. It is best to post in the toleda audio threads if you continue to have issues.

Glad you got past your issues. Let us know how the Intel graphics work for you after you are up and running for awhile. I wanted sleep to work, otherwise I would have stuck with the iGPU.

For audio, see my links in the first post about when I upgraded to Sierra. I simply used the latest Sierra MultiBeast to get audio working again. I used the non-legacy ALC887 drivers. This has the script that you need integrated. MultiBeast will tell what it is going to do when you choose "non-legacy ALC887". If you do it manually, your EFI partition has to be mounted. It is best to post in the toleda audio threads if you continue to have issues.

I've tried both legacy and non-legacy 887 drivers in Multibeast... still no audio.

But I have bigger fish to fry... I don't even have a working Hackintosh anymore. For some reason, I could only boot from the SSD by using my USB key. If I tried to boot with Clover on the SSD, as soon as the Apple logo popped up, it would reboot.

I even downloaded the latest Clover, ran it inside Sierra and installed to the SSD. No dice. I'm plugging the SSD into GParted today to make sure every single partition is wiped clean. Then I'm going to re-install El Capitan, get it working, and then upgrade again to Sierra.

With Sierra, do I still need to "inject Intel" anymore? I was reading somewhere that Sierra now has native HD530 drivers. Not entirely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back