Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, I and wanting to know if anybody out there has tried to load Hackintosh on a Samsung r-511 Laptop, or on a Dell PowerEdge 2900 Server. I do not like the way windows 7 runs on my MacBook, so I decided to dump that project and Try for the opposite and load OS X on my brend new Samsung, it has a Core I3 and all intel. Also Just for kicks I want to VM OS X on my Dell PowerEdge 2900. Are these even viable options?

Thanks
Dobber

Well, I guess the best thing to do will be to install different hard drives in my systems, and just dive right in and try to load them. I am a IT Guy and load about any type of operating system, so I guess I will just go for it. Can't hurt trying it on my own them asking questions later.

OK, so I have not had luck so far loading the systems with my Snow Leopard Disk, but was able to get it to boot to my regular tiger 10.4. But that will not see my Hard Disks, The errors I see with my Snow Leopard are both time out errors, and ahci driver errors. So I am going to get a new copy and try that.

I've never even tested any mac os on laptops, but on pc's provided that the HW is compatible, it's just a matter of getting the machine to boot the SL DVD, using some form of bootloader disc, like iBoot, for instance. After that all you need are the proper kexts to make it boot from HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back