Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Yes, ... with iMac13,2, the properties come from the injectors in IOUSBHostFamily Info.plist

I don't need to modify that I don't think I charged my iPad from 20% to 45% and charged fine in and out of sleep. Quick question tho What about the EH01, EH02 Controllers?

I don't need to modify that I don't think I charged my iPad from 20% to 45% and charged fine in and out of sleep.

Yes... as long as the values that Apple provides are working, no need to implement an override.

Quick question tho What about the EH01, EH02 Controllers?

I'm guessing that all the USB drivers (EHCI and xHCI) use the same power data.

Yes... as long as the values that Apple provides are working, no need to implement an override.

I'm guessing that all the USB drivers (EHCI and xHCI) use the same power data.

Well you have solved my problem thank you mate :) Time to upgrade my main Boot Drive now. Do you think I should remove SSDT-EH01, EH02, XHC when just running Sierra?

RehabMan,

My Gene build uses the EC0 instead of EC. So, I modified the config.plist to reflect your config.plist mod in the first post in this thread.
Gene Config.plist EC0 to EC.png

However, in IOReg, it is still listed as EC0. I've attached the IOReg file which shows the environment after a reboot with the above config.plist change. Can you see my mistake or...?

Attachments

• Stork's Mac Pro Gene.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 274
RehabMan,

My Gene build uses the EC0 instead of EC. So, I modified the config.plist to reflect your config.plist mod in the first post in this thread.
View attachment 255679

However, in IOReg, it is still listed as EC0. I've attached the IOReg file which shows the environment after a reboot with the above config.plist change. Can you see my mistake or...?

You did not enter the patch correctly. Look at your Clover bootlog:
Code:
2:808  0:000  PatchesDSDT: 2 requested
2:808  0:000   - [00]: (Rename HDAS to HDEF) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
2:808  0:000   - [01]: (Change EC0 to EC)[ERROR] bin2hex '<4543305f>' syntax error

Find and Replace can be specified as <string> type or <data> type.
If you specify as string, you should NOT enclose it in '<' '>'.
If specified as data, in Xcode, you enclose the hex bytes in '<' '>'.
My image in post #1 is how it shows with <data> type in Xcode.

RehabMan,

Thank you. <blush>I'm am so embarrassed. I must have had a senior moment...yes, that's it. </blush>

IOReg now shows the EC0 as EC.

Thanks for the fix, RehabMan!

Everything seems to be working well on my Maximus VIII Gene on iMac17,1 system definition using EC0 to EC rename and ssdt-usbx.aml.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 11.15.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 11.18.57 PM.png

I can't access my intel 5-series laptop right now.
I will post result if it fixes the sleep issue possibly sunday at the earliest.
Probably would fix desktop 5-series sleep too.

Back