Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
I decided to try and do a fresh install on another system I had in the house. It went quite well and also had a strange issue that I'm sure we can work out.

Bill of Materials:
  • Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
  • Intel i3-4330
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 750ti
  • 1TB SSHD
Installation:
  1. Follow tonymacx86's UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC
    1. STEP 1: Download macOS Sierra (10.12.2)
    2. STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast ( I used UniBeast 7.0.1)
    3. STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
      1. Disable vt-d
      2. SATA mode: AHCI
      3. OS Selection: Other OS
  2. Return to tonymacx86's UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC and continue with:
    1. STEP 4: Install macOS Sierra
    2. STEP 5: Post Install with MultiBeast Sierra Edition 9.0.1 [make the following selections:]
      Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 2.41.30 PM.png
  3. Reboot
I have not done a lot of testing on it yet, but Video, Audio and Ethernet work. What surprised me is that I had the monitor attached to the 750ti during this entire process. I have done no other customization or patches. The resolution is setup properly for the 22" monitor.

What's next/issues:
  • Installing NVidia web drivers. When I install the latest Sierra driver and reboot, I get a black screen after half way through the boot progress bar.

it because gtx 750ti doesn't officially supported by macOS Sierra.
I have a Asus GTX 750ti 2GD5, never have chance to make Sierra support it.

it because gtx 750ti doesn't officially supported by macOS Sierra.
I have a Asus GTX 750ti 2GD5, never have chance to make Sierra support it.

That doesn't make sense. I said that the 750ti worked out of box in Sierra for me. But once I installed the alternative NVidia web drivers, I got black screen.

Long standing issue with the ASUS GTX750TI is that these cards require a BIOS flash to get them running in macOS - it has been a well documented issue since Yosemite.
Your card cannot have full acceleration without the nvidia drivers therefor it was not working correctly. What you may have had was basic vesa graphics during installation. Once you add the drivers then basic vesa graphics no longer load as the GPU driver initialises.

The fix is to flash the card with another BIOS. You can do a quick google search for other similar threads on this subject:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302628-gtx-750-ti/

Thanks for your guide. I did fresh install 10.12.3 my GTX 760Ti work beautifully with latest Nvidia web driver.

Thankyou @green2000 for the post.
I have been able to install sierra without any problem !!!

How did you know what to select on the multibeast pos-tinstall?

Now I have the video trough the integrated graphics in the processor but I don't have audio trough HDMI.
Haven't tested yet with the usual sound output.
I will try later with my Gigabyte 750ti.

What do I need to install to get the card working? What drivers are needed?
Will I get audio over the HDMI?

Thankyou
Gus

Last edited:
Able to update to 10.12.4:

Updated clover to 4049.
Changed to OS X default graphics driver
Applied 10.12.4
Installed new Nvidia Web driver.

That's all.
Gus

I just did this install and everything worked for Mojave except for Audio. I had to enable AppleALC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back