Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Great... Nice to hear you have it working.
Hi, I tried to enable the backlight on my laptop following your guide but I couldn't :banghead:, I think it's due to a problem with GFX0 because when I apply the patch "Rename GFX0 to PCI0, IGPU" to the DSDT it produces the kernel panic during boot:rolleyes:, On my DSDT I don't have any PNLF entries. In SSDT's I have some GFX0 entries, try to apply the patch "Rename GFX0 to PCI0, IGPU" but it produces Kernel Panic. I was told that SDDT's do not recognize and are not IGPU compatible:think:.

I use macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and everything works except brightness. I would very much appreciate your help, attach the "Problem Report. zip" and a catch. Sorry for the spelling, I don't speak English:|.

Thank you very much. ;)

60DDD358B.png

Attachments

• Problem Report IzoZan.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 58
Hi, I tried to enable the backlight on my laptop following your guide but I couldn't :banghead:, I think it's due to a problem with GFX0 because when I apply the patch "Rename GFX0 to PCI0, IGPU" to the DSDT it produces the kernel panic during boot:rolleyes:, On my DSDT I don't have any PNLF entries. In SSDT's I have some GFX0 entries, try to apply the patch "Rename GFX0 to PCI0, IGPU" but it produces Kernel Panic. I was told that SDDT's do not recognize and are not IGPU compatible:think:.

I use macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and everything works except brightness. I would very much appreciate your help, attach the "Problem Report. zip" and a catch. Sorry for the spelling, I don't speak English:|.

Thank you very much. ;)

60DDD358B.png

GFX0->IGPU patch is already default in the plists from my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Success :thumbup:, my DSDT and SSDT's are only extracted by patchmatic, the other methods provide errors. Applying the "Rename GFX0 to PCI0, IGPU" patch to SSDT's and placing them in order along with the "SSDT-PNLF. aml" (That is identical to my SSDT-7
patchmatic).;)
I appreciate your attention and apologize for the consultation:|. I also express my gratitude to you for the guides that have served me well throughout these days.:clap:
Thank you very much and prosperity.:)
9E5AD9E6B.png

Success :thumbup:, my DSDT and SSDT's are only extracted by patchmatic, the other methods provide errors. Applying the "Rename GFX0 to PCI0, IGPU" patch to SSDT's and placing them in order along with the "SSDT-PNLF. aml" (That is identical to my SSDT-7
patchmatic).;)
I appreciate your attention and apologize for the consultation:|. I also express my gratitude to you for the guides that have served me well throughout these days.:clap:
Thank you very much and prosperity.:)
9E5AD9E6B.png

'patchmatic -extract' data should not be used as a base for patching as those files are the result of Clover patching. They are not native.

See guide for ACPI basics:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

hi rehabman my backlight is not working on macOS 10.13.3
fujitsu ah512 intel core i3 intel hd graphic 3000 6 gb ram intel 7 series
I attached my problem files

Attachments

• origin.zip
    594.9 KB · Views: 77
these are complete files

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 148