Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bill888
I just tested out my other DP that is closest to the Ethernet jack. It works for HDMI audio too. I had always kept the DP cable in the other output and that has always worked too. Not sure why just one of yours doesn't work. Did you perform a completely clean Mojave install or partial ?

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 9.13.28 AM.pngWith DP-HDMI cable in output nearest Ethernet on my Dell 9010.

yes, new install of Mojave 10.14.2. Apart from i7 9010 SFF vs i3 7010 USFF, the only other variable is I'm running A20 BIOS.

other variable is I'm running A20 BIOS.

Why such an old version ?
You can flash it up to A25 to get better support yet still avoid the Spectre and meltdown fixes they added in 2018.

Last edited:
My Samsung TV won't work with A22 or higher on my 9010 MT when using HDMI from any discrete gfx card, and so reluctant to use anything newer. I'll try A25 and A29 later on the USFF to see if it fixes the HDMI audio issue.

Last edited:
TV won't work with A22 or higher on my 7010 DT

All you have is a 7010 USFF in your build signature. Is this a different system with dedicated graphics or HD4000 ?

All you have is a 7010 USFF in your build signature. Is this a different system with dedicated graphics or HD4000 ?
Sorry, it was a typo error. I meant to say 9010 MT.

@trs96 ok. updated 7010 USFF to A29 without reinstalling Mojave from scratch. TV not listed as an HDMI audio output device when using DP socket nearest to ethernet socket as before. Labelling of microphone when inserted into front mic. socket is as described earlier where it confusingly changes to 'Line In'.

It's possible I've done something wrong, so I won't report it as a problem yet until I see someone else with a USFF model report same observations.

Last edited:
"There may be an issue with generating an SSDT on Mojave - advise you to keep a backup of your High Sierra EFI folder before trying Mojave.

Find attached two SSDT's for an i5 3475s, they should be similar but the one made on Mojave causes the CPU to run at a steady 800MHz only, whereas the one made on High Sierra gives full functionality.
Interesting that you say that. I recently updated to Mojave and things haven't been great. I was using the Plugin Type settings that you previously mentioned on High Sierra but it doesn't seem to play that well on Mojave. I notice it when stress testing a single CPU thread; It doesn't boost to 3.9, it stays at 3.7ish and moves up and down around that range. When testing multiple CPU threads it stays consistent. (See attachment)" said nick

"I've also been seeing some other issues around sleep/rebooting. At first, the computer would turn off when I wasn't using it for a period of time (sometimes after a couple of hours and definitely every night). I would sometimes get the random reboot on HS but on Mojave the computer actually turns off. It's either that or the power button light is on but I can't wake the computer. Immediately waking the computer after it's gone to sleep works just fine though." said eli

Find attached;
a zip file of two ssdt's from the same machine one made in High Sierra the other in Mojave

Power settings - Post install
If it does not sleep correctly please check your power settings with pmset and compare with these;

pmset -g

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 10
autopoweroffdelay 14400
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 0
ttyskeepawake 0
displaysleep 10
Standby Battery Threshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400

I have difficulties to make the installer because I do not have an IMAC PC or other Mac products ... all I have is a normal Windows PC Dell Optiplex 9010 ... please help for how to make an installer in Windows how

I have difficulties to make the installer because I do not have an IMAC PC or other Mac products ... all I have is a normal Windows PC Dell Optiplex 9010 ... please help for how to make an installer in Windows how
nope, you need a mac or a working hackintosh to create the installer

Thank you, I have successfully implemented.

Wish many good things will come to everyone.....

Thank you, I have successfully implemented.

Wish many good things will come to everyone.....
Thanks for sharing your results Ira. Welcome to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back