Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try using the NVME SSD in the x4 slot but that will limit you to a single slot GPU in the x16. I've never seen anyone boot from NVME on this system and don't know if it's even possible given these were new in 2012.
Since the adapter costs 7€, will sacrifice them to give it a try, if it works, it would make this pc a beast with 2100 reads and 1400 write speeds
As far as DP to HDMI adapters those can be easily found on Ebay or Amazon and shipped to you directly. DP adapted to HDMI will give you the highest quality graphics.
I know, just asked because i can't resist not trying it tonight, i should be able to proceed but a friend told me he has an adapter and will go borrow it from him
When you apply the ALC221 DSDT patch it works on all jacks except the mic jack on the front panel. That has not been solved yet. That will take some more research. I use USB mics only so have not made this a priority.
So it's only a microphone jack that is not working right ? The others are working.
I do have decent audio patching knowledge and give a try if i can fix the rest.
Glad to hear you are attempting your first desktop hackintosh. You've made a great choice. Tens of thousands of people have successfully converted these to macOS machines. It's an excellent low cost solution to run macOS with more powe
It's a one or two year wish project that i had since i saw your guide.
Finally managed to find one for cheap and with the cpu that i wanted.

Thanks for your awesome work on these guides.

Can someone confirm if USB3 Ports are working at 3.0 speeds ?.
If so please attach Problem Reporting files via black.dragon74 script.

I have HP Elite 8300 SFF running macOS Mojave with Core i7-3770 with Intel HD 4000 Graphics.
I have pretty much everything working so far except USB3 ports at 3.0 speeds,
I will make a codec dump on ubuntu and will attempt to fix audio completely if possible

Btw if someone also has a codec dump ready, saved somewhere, please upload it here so i can start working on it right away.

Can someone confirm if USB3 Ports are working at 3.0 speeds ?.
If so please attach Problem Reporting files via black.dragon74 script.
Hi Sniki, Im just rebuilding a HP8300 with HS and can confirm that USB work at USB3 speeds.

Im interested in getting the sound to work fully on these and am willing to help but know nothing of the process, if you can direct me to where I might learn how to do a codec dump or give instructions I'd be pleased to learn.

Not sure if this will be any use to you but here are 2 PR files which I made during the build of a SFF 8300 on BIOS 3.04 with an i5 3570 and Nvdia 710.
The first is a clean build with no SSDT or DSDT or any Sound Configuration and the 2nd is a build that went wrong when I used kext beast to install Lilu and AppleALC at which point it would not boot. (Removing AppleALC made it work again but no sound) Hoping the first will hold something useful.

Attachments

• built with no sound settins configured debug_13669.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • messy built and rolled back ALC.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Im interested in getting the sound to work fully on these and am willing to help but know nothing of the process

This is still a work in progress. We will eventually be having the patches for ALC221 added to the AppleALC kext. That will greatly simplify the process of getting working native audio on the 8300. This will take some time. When done, it will be as easy to get everything audio related working as it is on the Optiplex 7010/9010. Cheers !

Remove your Broadcom Wifi card and then try to boot. Do you already have HS installed or are you just trying now ?

Tried that, now i'm getting stuck on "IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState". Anybody get this on the HP 8300 before? I re-installed HS like 3/4 weeks ago and this is the first issue to come up since then.

Read that it was a graphics related issue so i took out my 1050 but if i boot with integrated graphics i get the same progress bar that never finishes. Also tried removing extra drives. Boot with verbose and still get stuck at "IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState"

Last edited:
Boot with verbose and still get stuck at "IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState"
Are you injecting Intel in your Clover config.plist ? If not you should be to use the HD4000 graphics.

Are you injecting Intel in your Clover config.plist ? If not you should be to use the HD4000 graphics.

i tried that and it still wasn't working. found a guide here on ****** that got me into recovery/terminal, gonna follow it through and see if it works

edit: yea that wasn't working, might try it again tomorrow or might just re install everything. my windows drive works fine so dont think its hardware issue or something

Last edited:
Hello,
My PC is HP 8300SFF i7-3770 4gb ram, wilk be 8
And 500 HDD

Ive done everything with the tutorial.
Ive formatted and covert gpt my hdd.
I’ve got 02.99 bios.
I’ve got bios same as in tutorial.
I’ve made my pendrive with UniBeast 8.3.2
Then I copy paste MultiBeast 10.4.0 on to the pendrive.
I plug it in my front usb, same as my mouse and keyboard.
Then I power it on.
Select boot on external and I’m stuck at apple loading bar.

I made a -v option and that’s what it says.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
What kind of connection to your monitor are you using ? Displayport or VGA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back