HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
After few days fighting to get all working + dual boot. I finally got it up and run without any problem for now. Here i am to thanks tony and others for iboot+multibeast program.
My Hardware:
1. X58A-UD3R Rev 2 FE Bios
2. i7 940
3. 6GB DDR3 PNY
4. Sony DVD drive (the one with recommendation)
5. PS 500W
6. PCI linksys wireless G (WORK OOB)
7. PNY GT240 DDR5 512MB
8. 2TB WD osx and win7

Well, here is what i have done and it look fine so far :). You need latest iboot+multibeast.

1. Set bios, just dvd drive and HDD you will dual boot, use 4GB ram
2. Boot iboot->snow dvd->GUID partition with 3 partitions (1 for osx, 1 for win7(fat), 1 for data)
3. Install Win7 fist then leopard
4. Run multibeast with all options like other guide
6. Reboot

Bammm, you have win7 and osx dual boot and done.

NOW, put another 2GB ram in, boot in osx->reboot then put PCI wireless in and olaala it will see it as airport (work OOB, nice huh??)

Done, you have full funtion osx (well, i think) and win7 dual boot with 6GB RAM and wireless.

NOTE: Tony or someone please put PNY GT240 DDR5 and PCI wireless network card in wiki list please. Ohhh, i almost forget to put down pci model # :) its linksys WMP54GS

EDITED: If you want dual boot, after install leopard and run multibeast with all options you need DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE, i did sudo...fdiisk.. things BUT it did not work dual boot.

did you USE THE LEGACY IBOOT? I AM HAVING PROBLEMS :
1. DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSTERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

No, i used iboot. I think legacy iboot for core duo only.

i bought it from walmart awhile ago, but i think that is it. If you buy exactly the model i posted then it should work OOB.

EDITED: I would like to know if you know how to see more than one TB HDD in my hackingtosh

can i dual boot also if i install first the mac os x snow leopard...?

trymac said:
i bought it from walmart awhile ago, but i think that is it. If you buy exactly the model i posted then it should work OOB.

EDITED: I would like to know if you know how to see more than one TB HDD in my hackingtosh

price?

@jpa,
it was along time ago, but i think the link you gave me is the one.

@marniel647
No, i dont think so. if u install win7 after then you will loose the bootloader then you wont see osx, you can try easyBCD but it work for me when i install osx then win7, so try it and let me know

trymac said:
@jpa,
it was along time ago, but i think the link you gave me is the one.

@marniel647
No, i dont think so. if u install win7 after then you will loose the bootloader then you wont see osx, you can try easyBCD but it work for me when i install osx then win7, so try it and let me know

OK :)

works card OBB 100%?

I currently have my machine dual booting on 2 separate drives- however, I have to reconfigure the bios and then navigate the boot menu after hitting F12 ... But I now have windows 7 running SATA 3 on a Crucial 300 SSD and OSX 10.6.6 on my intel sata 2 SSD. It seems to work great. I just had to unplug the OSX drive while i installed windows. It didnt like the mac settings for the bios and since there are only like two things to set- I just load optimized defaults then hit F12 and select the partition i want. I have another 30GB ssd I think i might try and load linux on as well. I am cool with loading the boot menu but it would be nice if I didnt have to edit the bios every time i switch between windows. When I tried using the mac settings and loading windows it fails. Im not sure if it is the HPET or the AHCI settings causing this. But again it works great as long as I change those back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back