Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This Guide is for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780:

My build:
ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer, i7 4770k, GeForce 780 (Inno3D, iChill), Samsung 512 SSD Pro

• I download and installed UniBeast like step 1
1. Create your bootable flash drive using UniBeast.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads

• I made the BIOS Patch
2. Patch the BIOS.
This is mandatory. If you do not perform this step, the PC will reboot over and over and you'll never make it to the installer. This step assumes you're using Windows. I performed these steps in Windows 8.1 64bit. They should be the same in Windows 7 64 bit.

WARNING: It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: Patching your BIOS is dangerous. Follow these steps exactly to avoid problems. You shouldn't have any problems, but it's a risk.

2.1 Download afuwin and PMPatch
http://www.ami.com/support/downloads/amiflash.zip
[PMPatch] UEFI patching utility

2.2 Extract the amiflash.zip file and navigate to Aptio/afuwin/64/. In this directory, extract afuwin64.zip. For convenience, extract PMPatch in the same directory as afuwin64.

2.3 Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to the directory you have extracted afuwin to. The complete directory should be Aptio/afuwin/64/AfuWin64

2.4 Extract the BIOS of the motherboard using the following command:
afuwinx64 bios.bin /o

2.4.1 Patch the BIOS with the following command:
pmpatch bios.bin biospatched.bin

2.4.2 Apply the patched BIOS:
afuwinx64 biospatched.bin /gan

(Credit goes to this thread:[Success]AsRock Z87 Extreme6)

• After the BIOS Patch I run EasyBeast and the driver for Realtek ALC1150 (Without DSDT) like step 4
    4. Assuming you followed the instructions, you should have MultiBeast available. Run MultiBeast. I did not use a DSDT, and everything seems to work okay, including sleep. I just ran EasyBeast, but also include the driver for Realtek ALC1150 (Without DSDT).

• Then I made this Step and my Ethernet works.
    5. Install the Killer NIC driver you downloaded in step 1 using Kext Wizard. In addition, place the ALXEthernet.kext into IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins. Rebuild permissions. Go to System Preferences > Network and remove all network interfaces by using the minus sign. Reboot the machine, go back to System Preferences > Network, and add a new ethernet adapter. The networking should work at this point. If it does not, MAKE SURE you are using kext found in the debug directory of the downloaded file. You should also double check the info.plist of the ALXEthernet.kext file and make sure there is an entry like this:
    Code:
    Code:
    <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
    <string>0xE0911969</string>

• The Audio driver from MultiBeast 6.3x don´t works after stand-by by me, I installed the driver from Multibeast 6.1
    The audio doesn't work after coming out of sleep mode. According to this thread: No Audio After Long Sleep, Z77-DS3H, 10.9.2, Multibeast 6.2.1.

A possible solution is to use the kext for the device from Multibeast 6.1.0. I'm about to give this a go, but obviously won't know if it's a solution until later. Judging by the responses in that thread, however, it should work.
  • Now I had many "Segmentation fault 11" errors. I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers and I never had a "Segmentation fault 11" error.
Now everything except iMessage and Maps worked by me. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back