Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Desktop
CPU
i7-960
Graphics
GT430
So I am novice at best with builds and updates. I made a build around 2010 and life became busy and I never kept up with updating my OS X due to this build being my only computer. Now I'm running into issues with my OS X being too outdate to run current programs.

I used multibeast in my original install and am currently running 10.7.1

Specs are Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R - CPU: i7-960 - GPU: GeForce GT430 - RAM: GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600

In my original setup getting HDMI Sound working was the worst nightmare. I did get it to work, no clue how just trial and error with multibeast.

With all the new compatibility and changes in the computer world should these specs create any crazy challenges during updates? Also would the best route be to go straight to el capitan or sierra?

Thanks in advance for any help or links to helpful info!

So I am novice at best with builds and updates. I made a build around 2010 and life became busy and I never kept up with updating my OS X due to this build being my only computer. Now I'm running into issues with my OS X being too outdate to run current programs.

I used multibeast in my original install and am currently running 10.7.1

Specs are Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R - CPU: i7-960 - GPU: GeForce GT430 - RAM: GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600

In my original setup getting HDMI Sound working was the worst nightmare. I did get it to work, no clue how just trial and error with multibeast.

With all the new compatibility and changes in the computer world should these specs create any crazy challenges during updates? Also would the best route be to go straight to el capitan or sierra?

Thanks in advance for any help or links to helpful info!
I think you should upgrade to El Capitan and not to mac OS Sierra, because Nvidia dropped some GPUs from their upgrade list and your GPU is an older model, so it could be that it is unsupported.

If you ask me, mac OS Sierra is the worst upgrade Apple made. I run on the same machine both, OS X El Capitan and mac OS Sierra and in my case it was difficult to get HDMI audio and video wokring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back