Contribute
Register

Gtx 470 boot up to black screen. Mountain lion! Assistance please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite weird!
I have tried all the kernel flags on the org.plist, and none seem to boot at all.
The only way to boot is for me to type all the kernel flag on the boot menu (even though they are already typed on the plist).
-f -v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I don't know why it isn't sticking on my plist. :confused:
I'll go ahead and try with Multibeast to see if I can reset all my settings from there.

It is quite weird!
I have tried all the kernel flags on the org.plist, and none seem to boot at all.
The only way to boot is for me to type all the kernel flag on the boot menu (even though they are already typed on the plist).
-f -v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I don't know why it isn't sticking on my plist. :confused:
I'll go ahead and try with Multibeast to see if I can reset all my settings from there.

Those are not all kernel flags.
GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=0 are key/value pairs in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

The others "-f -v npci=0x2000" are the value part of the key/value pair Kernel

ive done the same build u have except without th and gave to my bother in florida because i dont gigabyte haha the only differance is i used clover boot loader for the installer as a posed to unibeast with chimera boot loader

I'm new on the hackintosh scene, and I'm aware I'm not using the correct terms ( I read the "string" on the plist file, and thought that whatever was placed underneath had that name).

Anyways, I ran Multibeast, and I'm good now. I can boot properly without entering any flags at the boot screen; however, I still have to boot using the USB Installer, but that's how I have had it for a while now.

ive done the same build u have except without th and gave to my bother in florida because i dont gigabyte haha the only differance is i used clover boot loader for the installer as a posed to unibeast with chimera boot loader

Maybe I'm having issues because of my GPU, or Dual GPU.
Thanks for all your support. :D

try re running just the chimera boot loader part in multibeast

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 6.53.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 6.53.25 PM.png
    115 KB · Views: 203
Okay! Will give it a try. I didn't upgrade Chimera. I'll let you know in a few mins.

EDIT: SUCESS! SUCESS!!!!Upgrading Chimera fixed my issue.:D:D:D:headbang:

Thank you very much, stehor!! :D Now I'm able to boot without the need of the USB thanks to your suggestion. :D

Okay! Will give it a try. I didn't upgrade Chimera. I'll let you know in a few mins.

EDIT: SUCESS! SUCESS!!!!Upgrading Chimera fixed my issue.:D:D:D:headbang:

Thank you very much, stehor!! :D Now I'm able to boot without the need of the USB thanks to your suggestion. :D

Hi Kilfulgore,

I'm having the same issue (machine works well but I have to type in "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" on boot to engage GTX 480). Did you end up solving this issue? I tried upgrading to Chimera with no success.

Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back