Contribute
Register

GTX 285, ALC892, Sabertooth x58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html
I started with the DSDT for 1304 bios in the database. I had to add a missing section for Toleda HDef, it was missing
Code:
 Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

I have sound out of my headphone port, but digital audio out is not working. I have a GTX285 and use SPDIF header>Card>DVI>HDMI. I had it working on Lion a while back, so I know it will work. There is no dedicated hdmi port on my card, so I use a DVI to HDMI cable, which carries audio from the spif header fine. HDMI video output is working fine. I have GraphicsEnable=Yes.

I got rid of my PC speakers and opted to use my surround sound receiver for my PC audio. So I only need the hdmi working.

I'm using the ALC892 patched HDA in Toleda's thread for Mountain Lion, patched the DSDT file. In my bios settings, I tried SPDIF mode and HDMI audio mode, both output no sound to the receiver.

I also am reading http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html.

So far no luck. I am starting the hdmi guide fresh with stock appleHDAs. It doesn't look like the GTX285 is compatible with that thread. Not sure what to at this point.

Hmm seems my 285 isn't actually considered full hdmi audio, it just sends a SPDIF signal. So this isn't the section I should be in.

I need to get the spdif header working on my alc892 then.

Edit: I got it working. The GTX 285 doesn't have HDMI audio because it doesn't have an HDMI port. It uses the SPDIF header to send audio (even if the ALC892 can send the signal in SPDIF or HDMI mode, not sure the difference).

This should be moved to the audio section. This section is specifically for video cards that have HDMI audio on the card, something I didn't understand.

I got my audio working. I had to modify Toleda's alc892 kext for 10.8.2 to change the digital out from using the TOSLink to using the SPDIF header. Now it works, I replied to that thread and posted my modified kext for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back