1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !
First of all i hope i´ve posted this in the right section of the Forum.

I have updated my Hackintosh with the new Chimera Bootloader & the new
ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers to get both of my Graphiccards working.
Now in SystemProfiler both cards are only shown up as ATI 5000 & ATI 5700.
But normaly i have ATI Radeon HD 5770 & ATI Radeon HD5670.

Since changing to chimera i noticed that my system takes a little bit longer to reboot
(on reboot i have now about 5 or 10 seconds of black screen before the bios starts)
& when it switches from the apple bootlogo to desktop sometimes it takes a little bit longer
to build the desktop than with only one Graphiccard installed.

is the detection of the graphiccards normal & does it take any effect to the performace
of the cards ?

+ one thing:
its not a fresh install, i have only overwritten the old bootloader & installed the new ATI Drivers !

running new ATI (SB Kexts) on my scenario showing HD ATI 5000 instead of HD5770. The fix for me was using Notshy's guide to embed the correct name. The detection from my perspective is likely cosmetic but the important thing is performance. As long as you have QE/CI, (Front Row + Adding widget "ripple effect").

As for the native ATI (SB Kext) it is no longer requires GraphicsEnabler=Yes by chameleon.

It's only cosmetic and due to the naming in the new ATI500 controller and yes you can fix it with a DSDT injection but it won't effect performance as it's only cosmetic.

Kabyl's boot file was designed with the old ATI kexts but it does work with the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back