Iris Plus Graphics 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys,
I recently bought a new computer, look at my sig, and everything was working fine. But i don't know why but the Chimera boot menu started to have bugs :

IMAG0149.jpg

It boots fine but the menu is verry buggy. I changed the theme and the resolution of the theme, still the same.

IMAG0150.jpg

i'm currently using two displays, one by VGA 1366x768 and the second one HDMi 1920x1080. If i keep only the big display, it still has the bugs.

Do you think that could be the hard drives?
thanks

This looks like graphic issue...
You are using latest chimera?
in your system profile, what is the graphics/displays identify as?
type ioreg | grep ATY terminal result in what frame buffer

My ATI HD5450 is recognized as an ATI HD5000.
I did the terminal command, here is the screen :

Capturedcran2011-10-03003130.png

I also changed the SMBIOS with Multibeast to iMac 12,2 and MacPro5,1 and none of them worked. Any ideas?

My ATI HD5450 is recognized as an ATI HD5000.

Looks like you do not have proper Frame Buffer loaded. If you are running DVD Player or Geekbench, is the app crashing?

BTW are you using Graphics Enabler?

Check your plist for
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If you do not have above, you can test with boot string GraphicsEnabler=Yes. and your graphic will be displaying the proper card model.

I've always booted with GE=No. DVD Player crashes but Geekbench works perfectly in 64bit
I just changed it to GE=Yes and it still has the bug, it says unsupported card just after selecting the hard drive in Chimera and it still says ATI HD5000 Series. The ioreg | grep ATY gave me the same results :banghead: :banghead:

EDIT : DVD Player crash with GE=Yes

I think that I fixed the bug :
I deleted the npci0x2000 flag from the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and replaced Timeout flag by Quiet Boot. So know I just turn on my computer and it automaticly boots to the right hard drive :headbang:

I found where the bug was !! I had a spare Maxtor HDD, when i disconected it, everything worked !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back