GPU Suggestion for my spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Mag B660m Mortar DDR4
CPU
i5-12400
Graphics
Intel > Need Intel graphics full model number > See Rules!
Hi, I decided to build my first Hackintosh and Currently I have no GPU. What do you suggest for someone who want to use Blender. I want to buy a spesific model so MacOS works without a problem. Also I don't want to spend crazy amount of money.
My Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 12400
Motherboard: MSI Mag B660m Mortar DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2x8) 3200 MHz
SSD: Pny 250 GB XLR8 CS3030 3500/1050MB/S Pcıe Nvme M.2
PSU: High Power 600W 80+ GOLD Performance
HDD: WD 1TB Blue 3,5" SATA III 6Gbit/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2 Gen 3

Hi, I decided to build my first Hackintosh and Currently I have no GPU. What do you suggest for someone who want to use Blender. I want to buy a specific model so MacOS works without a problem. Also I don't want to spend crazy amount of money.
My Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 12400
Motherboard: MSI Mag B660m Mortar DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2x8) 3200 MHz
SSD: Pny 250 GB XLR8 CS3030 3500/1050MB/S Pcıe Nvme M.2
PSU: High Power 600W 80+ GOLD Performance
HDD: WD 1TB Blue 3,5" SATA III 6Gbit/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2 Gen 3
I trust you are aware that your system hardware, which is based on Intel 12th generation hardware, is not supported by MacOS since Apple never used such hardware?

That said, people seem to be able to run MacOS Monterey on systems with Z690 motherboards and Intel 12th generation CPUs, so your system may also be able to do so provided you get a supported graphics card. There may be problems and you must be prepared to troubleshoot due to the unsupported hardware.

What is your budget? If you want a current card. you can consider the RX 6600 / RX 6600 XT / RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT, which are supported on MacOS Monterey. Check the prices at your location to see if you can afford them. Or do you mind using a second hand card?

The cheapest new option would be a RX 6600. Second-hand/refurbished: anything in this list

Alternatively, if you have not yet bought the parts in your list, you may consider switching to 10th generation and 400-series (not 11th, not 500-series!) so you may do without a dGPU.

Check whether there are positive reports with PNY XLR8 drives, or switch to a safe option such as WD 750/850.

I trust you are aware that your system hardware, which is based on Intel 12th generation hardware, is not supported by MacOS since Apple never used such hardware?

That said, people seem to be able to run MacOS Monterey on systems with Z690 motherboards and Intel 12th generation CPUs, so your system may also be able to do so provided you get a supported graphics card. There may be problems and you must be prepared to troubleshoot due to the unsupported hardware.

What is your budget? If you want a current card. you can consider the RX 6600 / RX 6600 XT / RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT, which are supported on MacOS Monterey. Check the prices at your location to see if you can afford them. Or do you mind using a second hand card?
I found a hackintosh online with 12400 and MSI B660 Motherboard so I was thinking about It could work for me as well. I decided to buy RX 6600 or RX 6600 XT because I want to render videos and 3D objects.

The cheapest new option would be a RX 6600. Second-hand/refurbished: anything in this list

Alternatively, if you have not yet bought the parts in your list, you may consider switching to 10th generation and 400-series (not 11th, not 500-series!) so you may do without a dGPU.

Check whether there are positive reports with PNY XLR8 drives, or switch to a safe option such as WD 750/850.
I will be editing / rendering videos. Also I will make 3D models so a good GPU will be a better option for me. (I believe)

I will be editing / rendering videos. Also I will make 3D models so a good GPU will be a better option for me. (I believe)
So a RX 6600 or 6800, depending on budget, seems on order. (RX 6700 is NOT supported.)
This highlights that we may comment on list parts but that giving good and personalised advice requires knowing the use case for a build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back