Evga 970
Gigabyte UDH3
Samsung 250 SSD
2 TB hard drive
Corsair 650 gold
Corsair 300r
El Capitan
Uni Beast & Clover

Currently running 2 stock case fans one infront and back.

I just got software to check my PC temps and saw that my CPU is running 90 degrees, and my GPU is running around 115 while just being on my desktop. A little research lead me to find that this is very very bad. How do I remedy this? Could it be something wrong with my installation?

According to HW Monitor:

CPU Core 1: 91
CPU Core 2: 86
CPU Core 3: 86
CPU Package: 91
CPU Heatsink: 75
Main Board Proximity: 93
PCH Die: 102
GPU Die: 115
Thermal Zone 1: 82
Thermal Zone 2: 86

Mainboard Fan 1: 1172 rpm
Mainboard Fan 3: 640 rpm
Mainboard Fan 5: 848 rpm
GPU Fan: 19 rpm
GPU Power: 3%

Assuming I just need to speed my fans up some how? Or add more? If so how do I speed them up or where do I put more?

Thanks a billion!

(Also is it possible these readings are wrong? Air coming out the back of my case does not feel that hot.)

###Troubleshooting Help:

I just got software to check my PC temps and saw that my CPU is running 90 degrees, and my GPU is running around 115 while just being on my desktop. A little research lead me to find that this is very very bad. How do I remedy this? Could it be something wrong with my installation?

According to HW Monitor:

CPU Core 1: 91
CPU Core 2: 86
CPU Core 3: 86
CPU Package: 91
CPU Heatsink: 75
Main Board Proximity: 93
PCH Die: 102
GPU Die: 115
Thermal Zone 1: 82
Thermal Zone 2: 86

Mainboard Fan 1: 1172 rpm
Mainboard Fan 3: 640 rpm
Mainboard Fan 5: 848 rpm
GPU Fan: 19 rpm
GPU Power: 3%

Assuming I just need to speed my fans up some how? Or add more? If so how do I speed them up or where do I put more?

Thanks a billion!

(Also is it possible these readings are wrong? Air coming out the back of my case does not feel that hot.)

In your subject line, you say the readings are in Fahrenheit - if that's correct, then those temps are nothing out of the ordinary. If they happen to be Celcius, then your system is running way too hot. But I suspect they're in Fahrenheit as you said, and nothing to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back