Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 VISION D build for Pro Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avid is always a bit behind, ALERT: macOS Catalina 10.15.5 now supported with Pro Tools 2020.5 and later

Thanks, the problem is that there is no support for 32bit plugins etc. in Catalina, which would mean that a tonne of plugins I use would become obsolete...

So, I tracked down a Z390 Designare here in Aus, so I've changed tack and will follow the Z390 / I7-9700K build. Hoping to be able to get on-board HDMI working to save on a GPU but we'll see...

Did you build with the z390 designare in the end? How is it with Pro Tools? I'm upgrading my studio Hack now too and need High Sierra for Pro Tools, so unfortunately can't get the Z490 either. The Vision D is such a nice board so it's a shame we can't use it!

Did you build with the z390 designare in the end? How is it with Pro Tools? I'm upgrading my studio Hack now too and need High Sierra for Pro Tools, so unfortunately can't get the Z490 either. The Vision D is such a nice board so it's a shame we can't use it!
Hey mate,

Yeah I did. It's working great with PT2020.5 with the HD Native TB box. I also run 2 x UAD cards and they're working too. Let me know if you have any more questions...

So, I tracked down a Z390 Designare here in Aus, so I've changed tack and will follow the Z390 / I7-9700K build. Hoping to be able to get on-board HDMI working to save on a GPU but we'll see...
Glad to hear that you found one, they are nowhere to be found now.. I am wondering if you managed without a dedicated GPU in the end?

Glad to hear that you found one, they are nowhere to be found now.. I am wondering if you managed without a dedicated GPU in the end?

Hey Nano,

Yeah I did get onboard graphics working so no dedicated GPU. I just applied the framebuffer patch and it worked fine. Set up an alert for Z390 on ebay, Gumtree, facebook marketplace etc. I'm still seeing them pop up from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back