Motherboard
Gigabyte z170N Gaming 5 ITX
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

I wanted to start over with my hackingtosh install already running High Sierra to document the process and get a better feeling of control over the installation.

In the process i thought i would upgrade BIOS to the latest version (F23D) so i did.

I havent been able to get to installation screen since this.

I´ve created a USB (actually tried several different ones) using Unibeast, but every time i try to start the installer from Clover with verbose, it ends at :

Code:
AptioMemoryFix(R12): Starting \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and then nothing. It just stalls there, or reboots if i havent selected 'Dont reboot on panic (debug=0x100)'.

My hardware is :

Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 (itx)
Intel 6700K
16GB ddr4-3000
Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512GB
Nvidia GTX1070

As i started out saying. I was previously running High Sierra, so what i´m thinking is that the bios upgrade somehow broke something. I just havent been able to find any evidence on this after googling a bit.

Hope someone has a magic trick for me as i miss my Hackintosh :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I wanted to start over with my hackingtosh install already running High Sierra to document the process and get a better feeling of control over the installation.

In the process i thought i would upgrade BIOS to the latest version (F23D) so i did.

I havent been able to get to installation screen since this.

I´ve created a USB (actually tried several different ones) using Unibeast, but every time i try to start the installer from Clover with verbose, it ends at :

Code:
AptioMemoryFix(R12): Starting \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and then nothing. It just stalls there, or reboots if i havent selected 'Dont reboot on panic (debug=0x100)'.

My hardware is :

Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 (itx)
Intel 6700K
16GB ddr4-3000
Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512GB
Nvidia GTX1070

As i started out saying. I was previously running High Sierra, so what i´m thinking is that the bios upgrade somehow broke something. I just havent been able to find any evidence on this after googling a bit.

Hope someone has a magic trick for me as i miss my Hackintosh :)

Thanks in advance.

• In most instances, the BIOS update site will warn if the the updated BIOS version offered to download is irreversible (you cannot downgrade to the previous version) once flashed.
  • If they don't state that, you may try to roll back to your previous BIOS version. It may or may not let you go back even if they don't specifically warn you. But that is your best option if the problem you have is directly related to BIOS update.
  • Unfortunately you omitted to mention what version you upgraded from to give you more detailed steps.

Sorry about that.
I upgraded from version F21
I also attached the EFI i´m trying out, just in case i´m blinded by the firmware upgrade.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 69
Ok, so i just downgraded BIOS to F21 which i was using before and i´m still stuck at the same place.
Guess it´s not related.

any tips are most welcome.. :)

Kinda embarrassed to admit that changing to the oldest dirtiest usb 2.0 stick i could find got me further in the installation process.
I´m now struggling with the installation freezing after first boot, with the message '13 minutes remaining' and no progress at all on progress-bar, but i´m sure i will figure that out.

Thanks for the effort cmn699

Kinda embarrassed to admit that changing to the oldest dirtiest usb 2.0 stick i could find got me further in the installation process.
I´m now struggling with the installation freezing after first boot, with the message '13 minutes remaining' and no progress at all on progress-bar, but i´m sure i will figure that out.

Thanks for the effort cmn699
  • I just saw the EFI from your HighSierra USB Installer when I just logged on.
  • Is this from the USB Installer you have currently used to initiate the installation on the hard disk?
  • What version of High Sierra are you trying to install?
  • What type of disk and what Format are you using to install the System?
  • I was not even sure your initial boot problem was in fact related to your upgraded BIOS as you posted the message on #1.
    • I was just trying to give you a method to downgrade updated BIOS through a DOS disk with the earlier BIOS instead of trying the QBIOS interface .
  • To correlate your EFI with the boot problem, you need to post both your boot screen image as well as your current BIOS options used for the boot.
  • Those who want to help should have as much information as you gather from your Monitor screen when either you face a problem or react to something you see with a mouse and keyboard input in response.
  • You really want to know how someone else would respond to what the monitor screen displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back