i7 860
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It seems like Gigabyte is paying attention to Hackintosh based on BIOS updates etc. Do you think they will work to make more compatible inexpensive motherboards (889a audio etc), or is this wishing for too much?

Gigabyte boards have always worked well with Mac OS even prior to 10.6, however I don't think it was done intentionally.

It's more like is Apple watching the increasing number of hackintosh builds. If one of their missions is to be bigger than MS, it would be in their best interest to not do something to make it impossible to run OSX on a pc which by now I guess would almost be impossible anyway due to the extensive community out there that has become more familiar with devising ways of running a non-pc OS on something other than an official apple pc. Even if people are running retail version of OSX, they may not be making alot of profit from the sale of the software but is definitely a low cost way of advertising OSX, personally, it makes me want to buy a mac book more and more but the only thing that deters me is the cost involved, I think it is overpriced. I also think that several other parties also benefit, at least right now the makers of P55 motherboards. I did a full upgrade of my hardware for the sake of having access to SL aside from having a faster kick-ass pc. :thumbup:

An in an ideal world, we should be able to run any system that we wish to run with minimal restrictions... I think it's only fair to the consumer that is shelling out money to big companies. We can run Linux, and Windows, why not OSX also? Now we can! :D

Sorry guys if I went off a little, but I'm a little tipsy right now.. []p

I agree with everything you said beelzebozo. Apple knows there's this small % of Mac users using OSx86 systems, and I think they like it. Also, every poll I've ever seen in a forum shows the overwhelming majority of Hackintosh owners also own real macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back