Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE RX 6600 XT - screen goes off on booting Ventura 13.1

no make sleep and wake work
I disabled the Above 4g and resize bar in bios and added a boot arg
so everything works unless that reboot on first boot when I turn my PC in the morning

Where is the option to change the SSD speed? please
Mine is SN770

if possible can you share your config.plist? please
In my motherboard (MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR5), I can assign a speed for each PCIe slot differently in the BIOS. It means Gen4 for graphics, Gen3 for slot 1, and so on. Now I just set it to "Auto" as I don't use -v option in the boot-args.

In my motherboard (MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR5), I can assign a speed for each PCIe slot differently in the BIOS. It means Gen4 for graphics, Gen3 for slot 1, and so on. Now I just set it to "Auto" as I don't use -v option in the boot-args.
can I ask under which section that is located so I can at least search something similar

can I ask under which section that is located so I can at least search something similar
In the MSI board, it's located at Settings/Advanced/PCIe & PCI Sub-system Settings. The first M.2 is connected to the CPU directly.

pcie speed.jpg

Good night. I think that all AMD cards start in a similar way on macOS. Apple and progress bar (approx. 5 seconds on my system), black screen (approx. 5 seconds on my system) >> Desktop or login screen.
In your video, the black screen time is longer than mine but it's only 8 seconds.
I'm pretty sure many users exhibit the same behavior. It's not too long a time.
I really don't know what you can do to make it shorter. Your machine is more powerful than mine so it should boot faster. But it is also less compatible with macOS.
What is strange is that with WEG + agdpmod the screen goes black.
Thank you for commenting about this. Ever since I added a RX6600XT I see the same as you describe: small progress bar then 3 seconds of no-sync then sync and Desktop (autologin).

I always hope there'll never be anything I need to know in the blank time, and so far so good.

I've seen WEG be optional for W5700 Pro and RX6600XT and of course if no WEG the agdpmod=pikera is meaningless.

I've had same behavior for iMac20,2 and MacPro7,1. I went to MacPro7,1 due to no 11th gen iGPU support, so gain dGPU VTD (Videotoolbox) HW decoding as needed by many apps. I think DRM depends on this too.

Re optional WEG, it has various features. Does it offer help for certain cases of DP/HDMI audio on dGPU?? This is a question... Idk answer.

I got to a place where what I need works and too many permutations of options to cover every angle.

Back