Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming5 EU
CPU
Graphics
GTX980
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

End of the fiscal year is fast approaching, and thus I'm being poked by the Head of Accounting to spend some money.

I've already done 3 or 4 hacks, so I'm contemplating going for the genuine article. However, configuring a Mini to an acceptable spec was going to run me something like 1600$, and pricing out a mini hack of comparable spec was closer to 600$. Prices for the new iMac aren't available yet, so I'm deferring my decision to December, however, I have 2 queries.

1. The Z77N is a UEFI board. I've read about Customac high end mini, and I'm still spotting dsdt's there. Has this been superseded . I run the Z68 at home with only an audio patch, so would this be possible with the Z77 ?

2. I'm seeing a 650W PS in there. Since I'm going for a real Mini clone (with HD4000 graphics), albeit with a more powerful CPU, and I want to keep the case as small as possible, I'm thinking more of a 150-200W PS. Would this be feasable, since the 3770 has a tdp of 77W ?

Any other caveats ?

Thanks,

Pete

1. The DSDT of H77N/Z77N is only for activating HDMI Audio. If you don't use it you won't need it.
2. 350-400W should be enough.

2. With HD4000 graphics only, 200 W will suffice.

Thanks BitterMelon.

I followed your build thread with quite a bit of interest. I just can't get used to that funky case :D

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back