Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170X-UD5-TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RTX-580
I'm "converting" my old High Sierra clover build to Big Sur on OpenCore 0.7.2. I can get into the installer just fine, but mouse and keyboard aren't working. I understand this is an issue with USB mapping, but maybe I'm totally wrong.

My build:

• Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
  • Core i7-6700K
  • Radeon RX-580
  • 64GB Ram
  • Unico Bluetooth Adapter (Cambridge Silicon Radio, not Broadcom but Handoff, Airdrop, etc all work fine in High Sierra)
  • TP-Link T9E Wifi card
  • Samsing 850 Pro 1TB (Boot)
  • Samsung 950 Pro NVME
  • Samsung 870 Pro 4TB
I went through the guide for USBMap (https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap), but if I enable USBMap in config.plist I am unable to get to OpenCore's picker after rebooting. I'd attach a picture but it'd just be a black screen.

EFI attached for reference.

Appreciate any pointers as this is above my pay grade. The only guides or posts I can find that use the same mobo only discuss Catalina.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 190
My build:

• Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
  • Core i7-6700K
  • Radeon RX-580

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

I have your exact motherboard and I recently switched to OpenCore and then upgraded to Big Sur. Some time ago I had used Hackintool to create USBPorts.kext, so I used this with my OC setup and it works fine to map the USB ports in OC/Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back