CPU
I7-13700
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully built my new Gigabyte B760i Auros Pro 17-13700 hack! It's been rock solid so far and everything appears to be working as it should with the exception of the Intel ax211 bluetooth. I've tried to do as much research as possible before posting on here and followed the openintelwireless guidelines, mapped usb ports, etc.. but cannot seem to get the BT controller activated. It's recognized in system information but shows the address as 'null' and state as 'off'. I've also tested it in Windows and Linux and works fine in both. I have a native macos broadcom bt/wifi card used in my old hack, but from what i understand the motherboard I'm using now will only accept cnvio2 cards and the motherboad is a mini-itx so the only available pcie slot is used for my dGPU.
My efi folder is attached and any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 39
Sorry to burst your bubble but your USBPorts.kext is not correct.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 21.51.47.png ProperTree view of USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist

It contains too many ports set with connector type for USB2 physical ports (0).
The kext is activating 5 x USB2 physical ports, when your motherboard only contains 2 x USB2 physical ports on the rear I/O plate.
The 2 x USB2 physical ports are highlighted in the screenshot below in the Red rectangle.
Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 21.41.10.png Black tang - USB2 ports highlighted

As a minimum three of the ports you have set with the connector type USB2 (0) are actually virtual USB2 ports that are served from the USB3 physical ports on the rear I/O plate or the Internal USB3 motherboard header (case front ports).

Only three ports being wrong is assuming you have correctly identified and activated the two ports highlighted above. If you haven't included either of these USB2 physical ports then all 5 x ports set as USB2 physical are wrong!

SS04 is a USB3 header port and should be set with connector type USB3 (3). It should not be set with Internal USB2 header connector (255).

HS02 and SS02 are both served from the rear I/O plate Type-C port. As such they should be set with connector type Type-c+sw (9) not Type-C (10).

Is the built-in Bluetooth module connected to HS04, HS11 or HS14? As those are the three ports that are set as Internal USB2 (255) ports in your kext. It is normally HS14, but you need to confirm which port is serving the bluetooth module.

You need to go back to the drawing board and correct your USBPorts.kext before your Bluetooth module will work in macOS.

Surprised given the condition of your USBPorts.kext that you aren't having Sleep/Wake/shutdown issues.

Also as you have the USB power settings in your USBPorts.kext you don't need to use an SSDT-USBX.aml, as they both do the same thing.

Same goes for the SSDT-USB-Reset.aml table. Once you have a USBPorts.kext or any other USB configuration for your system you don't need this SSDT. As this is used to 'promote' the USB controllers while undertaking the USB port discovery. It is not required after this phase of the Hackintosh setup has been completed.

You have SSDT-HPET.aml in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder and enabled in your config.plist. But you have failed to add the patches that are generated by SSDTTime in the OC config.plist > ACPI > Patch section. So the SSDT-HPET.aml table will be doing absolutely nothing.

You might want to look at positioning BlueToolFixup.kext above/higher in the list than IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and IntelBTPatcher.kext in your config.plist.

Not sure if you are using the correct Airportitlwm.kext for the version of macOS you are running, as you don't say which version of macOS you are running!

There are different versions of this kext for each of the last six macOS major releases, so you need to be using the correct one.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 22.08.55.png

When used the kext needs to be set with a MaxKernel and MinKernel, so it is only used in the appropriate macOS release. The screenshot below shows the appropriate MaxKernel and MinKernel for Ventura.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 22.11.38.png Max/Min Kernel entries for Airportitlwm Ventura

That's enough to be going on with I think.

Thank you Edhawk for taking the time to respond and for the in-depth explanation. That slice of humble pie was a little larger than anticipated.

I am using the latest version of MacOS Ventura 13.4.1(c). I've only experienced one crash since my first successful boot-up and sleep and wake have been working without issues for now.

I've made the changes you recommended from your post:
-Patched the ssdt-hpet in config.plist. I obviously skipped that step when i created it and honestly, i'm not even sure it's needed on my system.
-Removed the two ssdt's (ssdt-usbx & ssdt-usb-Reset).
-Included the MaxKernel / MinKernel info you provided for Airportitlwm.kext
-I changed the USB port types as you suggested. HS14 is the internal usb port for the bluetooth adapter. I've attached a screenshot of the back of my motherboard with the ports labeled. When I removed the virtual USB 2 ports, HS09 and HS10 stopped working. I removed HSO4 and those stopped working as well, but added those back for now. So far, i've only removed HS11, which hackintool shows as ITE Device and not sure yet what purpose it serves. I did find in the /Library/Logs/Diagnostic several files related to bluetooth, also attached. Unfortunately, bluetooth refuses to activate.

Again, I appreciate any further help and suggestions!

Attachments

• System Info - USB BT.png
    System Info - USB BT.png
    696.4 KB · Views: 52
  • System Info - BT.png
    System Info - BT.png
    662 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 21.41.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 21.41.10.png
    565.8 KB · Views: 51
  • EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 48
  • ExcUserFault_bluetoothd-2023-07-13-211706.ips.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 28
  • USB Ports.png
    USB Ports.png
    690.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
UPDATE and possibly solved...

I added the following to my OC config.plist and so far bluetooth has started working:

NVRAM / 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000

UPDATE and possibly solved...

I added the following to my OC config.plist and so far bluetooth has started working:

NVRAM / 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000
Hello, dcmachack. Could you provide a new updated EFI archive with corrected USB ports and WIFI\BT since I encountered a similar problem on the same mobo and cannot solve it. Thanks in advance

Hello, dcmachack. Could you provide a new updated EFI archive with corrected USB ports and WIFI\BT since I encountered a similar problem on the same mobo and cannot solve it. Thanks in advance
you should create your own:

you should create your own:
According to the rules of the site, can't I contact a person in his topic? Considering that private messages are not available on this forum. Or did I misunderstand and we are talking about the fact that his settings will not suit me?

According to the rules of the site, can't I contact a person in his topic? Considering that private messages are not available on this forum. Or did I misunderstand and we are talking about the fact that his settings will not suit me?
correct, no private messages

you may also have a different case with different ports

some ports may need to be sacrificed to stay in the 15 port limit, hence the reason you really need to do this yourself

only takes a few minutes

Back