Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hmm..on the Firewire topic:

I powercycled the UAD2 Satellite Firewire and i get this below... so hotplug seems to work..
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 18.14.18.png

But! i still need to reconnect the firewire dongle to "kickstart" the connection.

Is there something i can do to add this to SSDT or a few lines in the SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml to force polling for Firewire devices?
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 18.18.38.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 18.19.23.png

Or force loading the IOFireWireFamily.kext

Thx!

my RX590 GPU fan started pinning in full speed after put it to sleep. don't really know what's wrong with mine. I did adjust BIOS based on your settings.

I'm on Catalina 10.15.7, will wait for Big sur final release to try again.
@liyawolf

I'm on Catalina 10.15.7, and had changed out the internal WiFi/BT internal. I did not do the "mod trick" with the T919 card to get Sleep/Wake to work. I just set Energy settings to not Sleep the computer.

With the latest Big Sur public beta Sleep/Wake works with the WiFi/BT card installed and active without a T919 card.

Hmm..on the Firewire topic:

I powercycled the UAD2 Satellite Firewire and i get this below... so hotplug seems to work..
But! i still need to reconnect the firewire dongle to "kickstart" the connection.

Is there something i can do to add this to SSDT or a few lines in the SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml to force polling for Firewire devices?

Or force loading the IOFireWireFamily.kext

Thx!
I am not aware of a solution for this problem, but a Firewire PCIe card (instead of Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter) might solve it... Keyword "might".

Boooooo, hissssssss Adobe.

Just tried the latest Photoshop (V22). It won't even load with the 'Adobe Crash Fix XLNC'.

Immediately crashes - loads of libtbbmalloc.dylib errors. Intel stuff but different dylib file than previous Photoshop version - libiomp5.dylib was the previous culprit.

Boooooo, hissssssss Adobe.

Just tried the latest Photoshop (V22). It won't even load with the 'Adobe Crash Fix XLNC'.

Immediately crashes - loads of libtbbmalloc.dylib errors. Intel stuff but different dylib file than previous Photoshop version - libiomp5.dylib was the previous culprit.
Well, we could just download iOS versions of Photoshop and Illustrator, and run them on Big Sur thanks to Catalyst...

I am not aware of a solution for this problem, but a Firewire PCIe card (instead of Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter) might solve it... Keyword "might".
Yea, i think you are right. Adding a Firewire card would definitely work.. but it will ruin the RGB! :) Remember.. this build for me is all about bling bling rather than functionality..Im still super satisfied with my z390 Designare build which is my own "golden build"

Well, we could just download iOS versions of Photoshop and Illustrator, and run them on Big Sur thanks to Catalyst...
They are different things. None of them can replace desktop version.

I have Photoshop 2020 running on my old AMD Athlon machine (Windows 10), And Photoshop 2021 can't even run at all and it shows Intel library warning: "Error on loading of ipp cv library" and then stop.

Last edited:
** Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD in Top PCIe 4.0 M.2 Slot **

Thanks to the recent NewEgg FantasTECH sales event, I purchased a Sabrent Rocket 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD at an attractive price. Because the Gigabyte B550 in combination with AMD Ryzen 7 3700X supports PCIe 4.0, the natural destination for that SSD is the B550 Vision D. The Z490 Vision D, however, will be able to support PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs with new Rocket Lake processors.

Sabrent Rocket 1TB.jpg
After moving the previous Silicon Power 512GB SSD to the bottom slot and installing the Sabrent Rocket in the top slot, I needed to perform a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters. After that, macOS booted up just fine.

The Sabrent Rocket 1TB PCIe 4.0 drive is performing quite well at over 4000 MB/s in both read and write. I can happily state that macOS supports this drive on a PCIe 4.0 bus.

NOTE: When we populate the lower M.2 slot with an NVMe SSDs, we lose the bottom PCIe X4 slot.
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.34.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.18.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Awesome! Ive been eyeing on this Sabrent for awhile. Im split between this and the 980 Pro

Back