Contribute
Register

Gigabyte 8-Series Motherboard UEFI Updates - 2014/01/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m normally a Mac user so flashing BIOS is new to me.

My GA-Z87X-UD5H was at F8 but became corrupted and reverted to F5 by itself.

Now I'm trying to get it to the latest F9 but cannot. Running Q-Flash from BIOS tells me that that I need a "later version" of the flash utility.

I've downloaded F7 through F9 and they all act the same. Q-Flash will not use them. I don't know if I have to use 6, 7, 8 then 9 in succession or just jump from the present 5 to version 9.

I note at Gigabyte' site <http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4483#bios> that the F7 download notes: "The USB driver must be updated in advanced." Whatever than means. Advanced what? Or do they mean "in advance" of installing F7? What USB driver are they even talking about?

The F9 download notes: “Please use the efiflash.exe included in the zip file to update this BIOS.“ This is probably the "later version" referred to by the Q-Flash utility.

How, from within BIOS, using Q-Flash, do I use a particular version of efiflash.exe? Isn't it built into the BIOS?

Bottom line, how do I flash the BIOS from the current F5 to the latest version?

Gigabyte screwed up, the on board qflash no longer works. You have to flash with a dos boot disk OR from within windows using gigabyte flash utility. I do it from windows myself. You should be able to find utility you need on their website with flash instructions for doing it from windows.

A few days ago I update my H87M-D3H with new F9 bios using QFLASH, to avoid corruption i put the bios file at EFI folder (i use clover, EFI is FAT32)

The new bios gave me a headache because it turn off my original HDMI audio and ACL862, but I did all over again, including a drop ssdt table, and it works fine. a few days latter I update to 10.9.3 and everything is all right.

THE F9 BIOS:

the first thing i notice is some new options to configure memory, and after a few tests it very stable using 4 dimm now, and (it is really incredible) they didn't match all all!!

I have 2x8GB 1.5v Corsair Vengeance Pro and 2x4GB 1.35v Gskill Snipper (total 24GB), this weird combinations it is very stable. I got higher results now in every single benchmark i test. it is unusual, but its good!

Besides memory fixes, gigabyte changes some internal tables, and because of that I need to reapply some DSDT/SSDT patches

I’m normally a Mac user so flashing BIOS is new to me.

My GA-Z87X-UD5H was at F8 but became corrupted and reverted to F5 by itself.

Now I'm trying to get it to the latest F9 but cannot. Running Q-Flash from BIOS tells me that that I need a "later version" of the flash utility.

I've downloaded F7 through F9 and they all act the same. Q-Flash will not use them. I don't know if I have to use 6, 7, 8 then 9 in succession or just jump from the present 5 to version 9.

I note at Gigabyte' site <http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4483#bios> that the F7 download notes: "The USB driver must be updated in advanced." Whatever than means. Advanced what? Or do they mean "in advance" of installing F7? What USB driver are they even talking about?

The F9 download notes: “Please use the efiflash.exe included in the zip file to update this BIOS.“ This is probably the "later version" referred to by the Q-Flash utility.

How, from within BIOS, using Q-Flash, do I use a particular version of efiflash.exe? Isn't it built into the BIOS?

Bottom line, how do I flash the BIOS from the current F5 to the latest version?

Follow the directions in option 3 posted here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi...ur-gigabyte-motherboards-bios.html#post800752

You can go straight to bios F9. I used a FreeDos USB drive and EFI flash. Worked perfectly.

GA-Z87X-OC Force - F8
GA-Z87X-OC - F7
G1.Sniper Z87 - F2

Hio folks =)

Is there a chance to get a working F8 .. or maybe F9 - bios, please?
I can't d/l it from any of the gigabyte sources ..
I'll tryed 20+ times .. -.-

Would anyone be so kind, and post it to a 1click hoster, please
(or here, if allowed..)
If it's neccessary to know.. I've got a GA-Z87X OC Force

Big thanks for your efforts

Hio folks =)

Is there a chance to get a working F8 .. or maybe F9 - bios, please?
I can't d/l it from any of the gigabyte sources ..
I'll tryed 20+ times .. -.-

Would anyone be so kind, and post it to a 1click hoster, please
(or here, if allowed..)
If it's neccessary to know.. I've got a GA-Z87X OC Force

Big thanks for your efforts

Try here.

Good Luck

Is it possible to use the GA-Z87-HD3 on GA-Z87X-HD3 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back