Contribute
Register

Getting 8800GT to work properly in SL - Stuck at 800x600!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm stuck at 800x600, but I found this screen (see file), and SL seems to recognize the 8800GT just fine. If I change to other resolutions, the screen just goes blue. If I hit enter, it will sometimes reset itself back to 8x6 and be fine, but it's a frustating resolution.

I've been using Multibeast to install everything, and am worried that perhaps I've installed too many kexts? The one exception is the realtek r1000 and the voodoohda kexts that I've taken and dragged onto kext utility to install.

I've read stuff about people editing things like com.apple.graphics.something and I have no idea where that is (file?), or what to do with it. My monitor is wide screen, I know in Win 7 the best resolution seemed to be 1300 x 848 or something strange like that.

If anyone has any ideas to help get the graphics working better, it will be much appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 3.25.22 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 3.25.22 PM.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 196
[SOLVED] Getting 8800GT to work properly in SL Stuck at 800x

Tried changing settings again, and this time it worked!

I'm not sure what the trick was. Now I just need to get sound to work.

I was a little more focused on the audio at the time, but I had too many kexts for that, so I deleted applehda and voodoohda, and then reinstalled voodoo from Multibeast. Somewhere in there, perhaps even just before, I tried some video modes and it worked.

I know that probably doesn't help much, but if you go to About This Mac>More Info you'll see a "graphics" entry on the side - you can see if it's recognizing your hardware correctly.

Does anyone know how to test 3D acceleration?

I bought a system already set up and 2 days into running it I've got the exact same issue going on - I use a dual boot (Hackintosh SL 10.6 & Win 7 Ultimate) and cannot get the card to change resolution from 8oox6oo - Code 43 error message in Windows - it was burned in from August '09 and worked fine until I brought it home (naturally) and it started acting up. I did all the drivers, removed and reinserted card - all with no results - since I am a total noob with SL - I wasn't thinking about (or sure where to look to find the screen in there that you shared) correcting the card/drivers in SL - hopefully that will be a good place to start...I was about 1 day away from scrapping the 8800 GTS and replacing it...wish me luck...will post again with success, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back