RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I would like to post this question to get some basic understanding of the OpenCore functionality, how files are moved and injected, and if I added the wrong file, how to undo that injection performed in a previous step.

Everything went well for me as I progressed through the BigSur installation, with just a few minor tweaks still left to run, but the basic setup worked great. Here's where I screwed up, I tried porting an old kext pertained to my CyborgMouse driver, copied it from my old working High Sierra, and created an entry in my EFI file, and added that kext with all other OC/kext/ files.
When I started reboot, the apple logo never appeared, I waited for some good 20 minutes before restarting. Didn't come back again. Restarting, this time booted from my USB. After BigSur came alive, no internet.

I manually edited EFI on my BigSur, restarted, - assuming that my state of the computer is exactly as it was before I messed up in previous step, but no. The itlwm.text driver from HeliPort never loaded ever since.

What happened?
Did the manually entering CyborgMouse kext from my old computer create some issues with the environment that I can't undo?
Where could I look at this point?

Now, if I would like to try some other kext, my understanding is, if something doesn't work, I could always edit USB, remove the latest entry, and the file will not be loaded on the next reboot. Is that true?

Please share your thoughts, I think having some clarity on this will help not only me, but many other people who're transitioning to using Opencore option.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back